cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Ford Courier pickup

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Ford is considering building a Courier pickup based on the Focus. Wonder if it could even pull a pop-up. I could see it used by parts stores to deliver parts or a grocery getter.
42 REPLIES 42

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Me Again wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I would love to have that 52 Chevrolet coupe utility. Never seen one before.

Get a SSR, it will have a little more power.
With a 6.0 I would say more then just a little. Years ago I use to have a El Camino SS. I bought a new 454 SS in 1990 when they came out, a called it my castrated 454. I sold it ten years later with 2500 miles, it sat in the garage.

What I like about the old 52 coupe utility is the rarity and uniqueness.

Australian Ute versions of US vehicles were not that rare in the 1950's. All US cars had a Ute version provided by local coach makers or by the manufacturers
A 1954 Plymouth

1958 Ford Mainline Coupe Utility
Ute's didn't appear in the US market until the Ranchero and El Camino. Station wagons were the rage here. Ute's just weren't that popular here. I enjoyed my El Camino SS and wish I hadn't sold it. Now with Collies and pulling a RV I need a 1 ton crew cab.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Me Again wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

With a 6.0 I would say more then just a little. Years ago I use to have a El Camino SS. I bought a new 454 SS in 1990 when they came out, a called it my castrated 454. I sold it ten years later with 2500 miles, it sat in the garage.

Australian Ute versions of US vehicles were not that rare in the 1950's. All US cars had a Ute version provided by local coach makers or by the manufacturers
A 1954 Plymouth

That last picture looks like a Canadian market Meteor...around 1956 or so...in Canada. Back then weren't most US cars in Australia shipped over from Canada or sent in knockdown form from Canada and then assembled in Australia ?

The CCM firm kind of rings a bell, but I could be wrong.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
The new Courier reminds me of the old Dodge Rampage out of the 80โ€™s.

Thatโ€™s for sure!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
The new Courier reminds me of the old Dodge Rampage out of the 80โ€™s.

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer

Click For Full-Size Image.

We still have one on the farm as a runner. Going strong. Bed rotted away now has flatbed on it.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Me Again wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

A 1954 Plymouth

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Didn't ford have issues with the transmission not lasting very long in the Focus? If so a PU might exacerbate the issue.

The new Focus platform eliminates the 6-speed Dual-Clutch transmission. Current large products on that platform (Escape, Transit Connect, and even the Focus 1.0 Turbo) use the 6F15 traditional torque-converter automatic transmission but the 2019 models get the new 8 speed.
Thanks for the info, didn't realize they had that much power.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

Whole range of US cars rhat were changed into
" Utes" in the 1940 to early 5o's period. No you would not have seen any as they did not exist in the US
Looks like a early version of the El Camino that came out in 59, different body style.

They had US Coupe Utilities in the 1940's in Australia. First US versions were seen in the early 1960's

blt2ski
carringb wrote:

My Focus make 252 horsepower and 270 ft-lbs of torque, and that's available at only 2500 RPM.

I personally can not imagine a vehicle with that HP/Torque number not be able to tow a trailer well, with in reason mind you. That is more HP Than some BB 454/460/440 V8's had in the late 70s, early 80s! A better trans from a gearing standpoint too!

So a new courier or equal from ANY manufacture, should have plenty of motor to move more than a bag or two of groceries! Assuming the chassis is strong enough etc to handle the trailer behind it!

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Midget trucks like the courier/ranger, s10/colarado have gone form small trucks, to midsize in size. Their is room for this style of small truck in market. I like my 76 Toyota with a whopping 125 HP 20R motor. Pulled 2000-3000 lbs. Not much more....it was a good truck for its size etc.

Marty

Your engine only had about 96hp...

Had to look that up! Yep, a whopping 96HP. Oh well, mom's 62 VW Bug was something lik 30 or 40 HP. Dad used it to tow a 14' boat with a small outboard. Went they clutches a lot.....Then he bought a 66 GMC 1500 with a 250 I6, 3 in the tree tranny.....worked a bit better with that boat, and the 17' Chris Craft.

My Focus make 252 horsepower and 270 ft-lbs of torque, and that's available at only 2500 RPM.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Didn't ford have issues with the transmission not lasting very long in the Focus? If so a PU might exacerbate the issue.

The new Focus platform eliminates the 6-speed Dual-Clutch transmission. Current large products on that platform (Escape, Transit Connect, and even the Focus 1.0 Turbo) use the 6F15 traditional torque-converter automatic transmission but the 2019 models get the new 8 speed.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

blt2ski
Bedlam wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Midget trucks like the courier/ranger, s10/colarado have gone form small trucks, to midsize in size. Their is room for this style of small truck in market. I like my 76 Toyota with a whopping 125 HP 20R motor. Pulled 2000-3000 lbs. Not much more....it was a good truck for its size etc.

Marty

Your engine only had about 96hp...

Had to look that up! Yep, a whopping 96HP. Oh well, mom's 62 VW Bug was something lik 30 or 40 HP. Dad used it to tow a 14' boat with a small outboard. Went they clutches a lot.....Then he bought a 66 GMC 1500 with a 250 I6, 3 in the tree tranny.....worked a bit better with that boat, and the 17' Chris Craft.
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer