cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freedom Express 192rbs is home

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
We went over and picked it up today. Dry it barely moved the back of the truck.
Before anything went in it I put it on the tongue scale they had about 10 gals of fresh water in the tank, which is forward of the axels. and no suprise the published dry weight of 490 was 600.

We'll see what it is once it's loaded.

PDI went pretty good, the outdoor griddle was missing but they went to the warehouse and grabbed one. After we got home found one of the adapter brackets was missing so we'll go over and deal with it tomorrow. Luckily the dealer is 5 miles away.

After about 18 years in a fiver, I was kind of proud I hit the hitch alignment on the first try. I guess 4 years of towing the High School band trailer kept me from getting rusty.

Safely home on our parking pad.

TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE
7 REPLIES 7

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not much for new laws, but...

We need a law that requires RV manufacturers to immediately refund 50% of the selling price if an RV's actual weights exceed their advertised values.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
belairbrian wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
That 490 tongue weight was likely about right,,,,, before the battery and propane tank were added.
Enjoy

Probably so. just another reference for not using factory numbers.

It's pretty much loaded so I'll get a new weight soon. May actually go down. I had to remove the spare from under the a-frame to get the equalizer brackets on. No way to put it back on. So it will likely end up in the truck. The rear bumper has zero clearance from the body and a sticker warning any non-factory attachments will void the frame warranty.

Congrats. Love that floor plan.

The dry weight numbers are correct. But yes, the propane and battery are not included in dry weights.

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
That 490 tongue weight was likely about right,,,,, before the battery and propane tank were added.
Enjoy

Probably so. just another reference for not using factory numbers.

It's pretty much loaded so I'll get a new weight soon. May actually go down. I had to remove the spare from under the a-frame to get the equalizer brackets on. No way to put it back on. So it will likely end up in the truck. The rear bumper has zero clearance from the body and a sticker warning any non-factory attachments will void the frame warranty.
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
That is a handsome looking trailer!

thanks, still getting used to seeing something that size in the driveway
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
That is a handsome looking trailer!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
belairbrian wrote:
and no suprise the published dry weight of 490 was 600.

Are you referring to the tongue weight?