cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Lance TT

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
After 8 years in our Dutchmen 18B, we traded it in on a 2015 Lance 2285! DW is very happy with the walk-around queen bed and rear kitchen and I like the LED lights and 160w solar panel on the roof. Come on spring!

๐Ÿ™‚
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet
16 REPLIES 16

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
2milesup wrote:
gmw photos wrote:
2milesup wrote:
....snip....

The only drawback I've found so far is that the frame rails on the tongue are smaller than my Dutchmen's were, so my WD hitch adapters don't fit. I need to come up with some pretty big shims to make them tight. Any one have any ideas?

How big of a gap is there ?

I haven't measured it yet, but it looks like at least 3/4 inch from the bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the bracket.

If you could post a good closeup picture of it, some folks might be able to make a suggestion. Sounds like it might be time to break out the welder and add a piece of metal stock there

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
gmw photos wrote:
2milesup wrote:
....snip....

The only drawback I've found so far is that the frame rails on the tongue are smaller than my Dutchmen's were, so my WD hitch adapters don't fit. I need to come up with some pretty big shims to make them tight. Any one have any ideas?

I haven't measured it yet, but it looks like at least 3/4 inch from the bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the bracket.
Jerry & Lori
2015 Lance 2285

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
2milesup wrote:
....snip....

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
We love our little Lance 1685! We're "camped" in New Orleans at the French Quarter RV Resort (two blocks walk to the French Quarter) and headed west to the 4 Corners (Utah, New Mexico, Arizona & Colorado) for the next couple of months. Love all the storage in our Lance. X2 on checking out the Lance Owners Forum: www.lanceowners.org

Enjoy your Lance & let us know if you'll be in the 4 Corners region in April or May, maybe we'll see you there!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. Bruce, we got the sofa. I wanted the swivel rockers but DW didn't like the dรฉcor on the one unit the dealer had with them and now I think I would have wished I had the sofa anyway.

Jerry & Lori
2015 Lance 2285

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Nice trailer!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new trailer! I have heard nothing but good things about Lance.

May the Camping Force always be with you!
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

Coastie68
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. I picked up my Lance 1995 about a month ago. Having a hard time waiting til spring. In addition to this great forum, don't forget to check out www.lanceowners.org.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP: congrats and have a fun time with it ! Let's see some pictures of it.

To "FrankShore": you own a Lance ? Say it isn't so !!! Who would have EVER guessed ?? !! ๐Ÿ˜‰

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
We were just commenting over the weekend that a lot of back-in sites have nice views out the back. So your kitchen windows will be much appreciated.

Congrats!
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. The 2285 is a fine trailer, would be our choice as well if we were ever to move up to a larger trailer. Did you get the sofa or the swivel rockers?

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Saw one at a show and liked it. Looks like Lance is listening. Congrats.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Pics:) Good luck with your new camper!

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! I also own a Lance and love it!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!