cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mall crawler!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Just traded the old faithful 07 Mega Cab and camper (03 Arctic Fox) for this “little” gem!
The bro dozer wheels gotta go. But dang it drives nice. Even with the Cracker Jack box 6” lift.
Truck is a 2016 2500. EFI Live engine and trans tuning. And thousands in other extras.
Runs beautifully and sounds even better. No idea how hard it pulls, haven’t been able to run it on dry pavement yet. Didn’t rip of any 4x4 runs.
But it’s very responsive, no dead pedal and the 68 shifts like it’s supposed to. So much nicer than the factory neutered trucks.
No way in heck this thing will haul a TC. Guess a TT is in the future if we keep her!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
29 REPLIES 29

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Yeah, they may go bye bye with the rims. Or a very least I’ll sipe them. But they look like they were purpose built to be not good at anything! And I generally like Toyos.
They’re slick as snot in the rain, even aired down to 30psi in the rear. But I haven’t even driven the truck in dry weather yet so idk how much is slickery tires and how much is the big diesel spooling up.
I made one full throttle run up a steep hill during the test drive and had to put it in 4wd at highway speeds just to see how it pulled up the hill.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
"Those Toyo RT's doo look like they'd s uck donkey ballz in the snow though. Just by the tread design."

Different size, I'm sure, but I bought a used Wrangler with Toyo RT's one fine December. The drive back from Squarebanks convinced me to get different tires as soon as I could...which meant Wasilla on the same day I departed Fairbanks. Only had two unforced 360's on the hardpack and three "I was supposed to stop 100' ago" situations. ?????
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice truck! I love the EB on mine, it's always on.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
It should fit in the garage if you remove the yellow ball cap off the roof. Congratulations.

I didn't know w t f you were talking about until I went back and looked at the pic. That's funny!

It fits in the shop, but shop = mine. Truck = wifes. I need the space...lol. Although I don't think it's ever going under a 7' door even if I ditch the headache rack and drop to 35s.

It's the new Napa delivery vehicle model.
Puma 30RKSS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Ha! Yeah, never a dull moment!
Wasn’t zactly expected, but I’m not one to kiss a gift horse in the mouth.
Yes I believe that’s the tuner model. But I’d have to verify. It is a Bullydog GT Platinum tuner.

However I don’t believe you can tune at all with emissions intact with that particular model of tuner. Maybe check into that.
My truck isn’t tuned with it. It was only used to unlock the ECM and I don’t know a lot about them.

Was thinking about your vehicles last week. I found a 2004 Tahoe with only 44k miles down in OR for only $12k. It looked like new. Gramma car.
Was planning on checking it out and getting it for a winter vehicle for the wife when this trade deal popped up.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, bud, this is a surprise!

Congrats, you will love it! The Gen 4 trucks are a big step up from the Gen 3's in many ways.

Is your tuner the Bullydog 40428? I'm thinking of buying that tuner for my truck for the towing tune (plus gives the option of deleting at some point), but I'm unsure if it can be used on a stock emissions truck.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
4x4ord wrote:
It should fit in the garage if you remove the yellow ball cap off the roof. Congratulations.

I didn't know w t f you were talking about until I went back and looked at the pic. That's funny!

It fits in the shop, but shop = mine. Truck = wifes. I need the space...lol. Although I don't think it's ever going under a 7' door even if I ditch the headache rack and drop to 35s.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BurbMan wrote:
Very nice! Best wishes for many happy miles!

Thanks! Makes me sad it's not an awesome camper hauler like your new rig, but it'll pull a TT if it's still around next year.
It's about my last choice in 4th Gen Rams, but couldn't pass up the deal!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Fisherman wrote:
If you want big tires and noise, why not just buy a dump truck.

I actually thought about it, but then decided to get this so you'd have something to comment on!

This is only the 4th loudest vehicle in the stable anyways. Maybe 3rd.
The Mustang and Charger have it beat for sure, but IDK, 454 with Flowmaster 40s and a H pipe or 5" Straight piped Cummins? Tough call.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
PA12DRVR wrote:
Good looking truck / mall crawler. How will those big-xxx tires handle snow? 🙂

Great! Wanna buy 'em? LOL
I'm torn between keeping the tires or letting them go with the brodozer wheels. If I keep em, they'll get siped for sure.

Those Toyo RT's doo look like they'd s uck donkey ballz in the snow though. Just by the tread design.

I pretty much have to have 12.50s on it though or it'll look a little
re-todded with the accoutrements on it.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
FishOnOne wrote:
Wow... Got rid of the 5.9 for the mall crawler! Sounds like a tranny rebuild is in your future :B.

Congrats on the new rig

You know...them POS Dodge trannys! LOL
Hope your wrong, haha. Trans has been tuned as well since day 1 and the increase in line pressure really helps them. Besides the only thing this truck has hauled is @ss. I'm pretty confident in it.

I've never driven a tuned 68rfe truck before. It's not the mushy shifting, too early, dead pedal, why were you trying to go into THAT gear trans that they are stock. I actually like it.
I haven't quite gotten used to the exhaust brake coming on when it want's to and not when I want it to 100% though. But it hits really hard in full EB/tow haul going down a hill. More retarding power then the BD brake on the 07 it feels like.

I have tried to air shift and air clutch a couple times though....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ShinerBock wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Can I plug in the Bullydog and just use it as a monitor with the EFI tunes?

Yes. I did it for a short period of time until I got my CTS2.

Cool, gonna try it. It's just sitting in it's wrapper with a nice suction cup mount and everything.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dedmiston wrote:
Good looking ride. Congratulations.

(EDIT: Congratulations...to your wife.)

Thanks man....
She's so pumped, she went out and detailed the whole thing yesterday!

(Somehow that's usually my job....)

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
If you want big tires and noise, why not just buy a dump truck.