cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Trailer Day!

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
This coming Saturday, we will join the Travel Trailer family, bringing home a 2019 Nash 23D.

Towing with a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic, 2500HD, Crew cab, 4WD, Duramax.

Not new to the Open Road Forums, we have had 12 great years with a popup trailer, and have frequented the forums for discussions on that.

Now we approach retirement and find ourselves transitioning from weekend and weeklong same destination trips to traveling the country with frequent overnighters for which the popup was a bit too much setup/teardown.

While we've been preparing and researching for this purchase, the reality hit home when I suddenly had to get some things in order before towing it off the lot:
- Choose a hitch
- Swap out my small mirrors for the bigger tow mirrors
- Insurance
- Find a storage lot

Still need to pick up some chocks and choose a leveling system.

Most of our camping style will carry over to the TT, with the new experience of The Black Tank :E Oh yeah, need a sewer hose...

Our camping style tends toward the primitive so planning a full-on solar upgrade, maybe Li-Ion batteries (?)($!)

Looking forward to our first shakedown run, probably in October.

No pics yet, here's a link to the mfgr web page:
https://northwoodmfg.com/travel-trailers/nash/nash-23d-2/

Will need to change my signature!
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D
18 REPLIES 18

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations !

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! Enjoy it!
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
teejaywhy wrote:
... and choose a leveling system.

You don't need to add anything, The Nash TTs have scissor style stabilizer jacks from the factory.
Bob

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! We did the same thing sort of. We did tent, Pop-up, HTT, and now we too are looking at a TT upgrade this year.

Have fun and make lots of memories.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
Great choice. Congratulations!
'04 F350,6.0 PSD,3.73,5 spd Torqshift,Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,Lund Lunar visor,Firestone Ride Rites,
2016 Nash 23D with Cummins/Onan onboard generator & Sit'n Sleep option

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new trailer. Since you will be new to sewer hoses, I would recommend one of those clear adapters that go between the trailer's outlet and the sewer hose. It is nice to know what is going on when dumping.

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
Your plans and situation sound very familiar. We just took delivery of our new trailer, Forest River T2460RL, and sold our tent trailer listed in the signature. Also, we are preparing for Sept. 1st 2020, our planned last day of work in our current situation. We are planning to sell the house and move, maybe out of California, Arizona is one of our possibilities.

In any case your post and plans and list of got to get done things sound very familiar. I was researching some of those issues when I read your post for Sept. and would be very interested in how things are turning out.

Bill
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. You will like the 23D. We bought ours in April 2016 & have enjoyed it twice to Arizona & lots of places in between.
'04 F350,6.0 PSD,3.73,5 spd Torqshift,Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,Lund Lunar visor,Firestone Ride Rites,
2016 Nash 23D with Cummins/Onan onboard generator & Sit'n Sleep option

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Nash is one of the nicer travel trailers out there. Northwood builds their own frames, unlike most companies, who use Lippert frames
Bob

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Birdnst wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
Nice camper.

The Nash is a travel trailer, not a camper.

Northwood does have a line of campers though, the Arctic fox 865, 811, 990, 1140, 1150

Seriously?

Far as Iโ€™m concerned, if you go camping in a trailer, it is a camper. And so is the person using it.
Anyhow, I hope the OP enjoys his new camper/trailer/home on wheels/whatever he wants to call it.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, Nash is a nice trailer. Have fun in it.
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
teejaywhy wrote:
Stuff rolling in from Amazon... dogbone adapters, chocks, X-chocks, Lynx blocks... Coming: surge protector, sewer hose, water pressure regulator... Soon as we verify mattress size - sheets and a foam topper. Most of the other camp stuff we already have.

Planning mods and upgrades... (might be a full time job! :B )

Was thinking I would look at tires... a lot of recommendations for the made in USA Goodyear Endurance... Yesterday, I was looking at the pics of the trailer on my dealer's website, and I see a closeup of the tires. Yep, Goodyear Endurance. Yay Northwood for not cheaping out. (scratch that upgrade/expense from the list!)

Don't forget water filter ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

For me one of the best upgrades we did to our trailer was install the BAL version of the JT Strong-Arms, removed all of the shake, shimmy, and roll from the trailer.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
Stuff rolling in from Amazon... dogbone adapters, chocks, X-chocks, Lynx blocks... Coming: surge protector, sewer hose, water pressure regulator... Soon as we verify mattress size - sheets and a foam topper. Most of the other camp stuff we already have.

Planning mods and upgrades... (might be a full time job! :B )

Was thinking I would look at tires... a lot of recommendations for the made in USA Goodyear Endurance... Yesterday, I was looking at the pics of the trailer on my dealer's website, and I see a closeup of the tires. Yep, Goodyear Endurance. Yay Northwood for not cheaping out. (scratch that upgrade/expense from the list!)
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

Birdnst
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
Nice camper.

The Nash is a travel trailer, not a camper.

Northwood does have a line of campers though, the Arctic fox 865, 811, 990, 1140, 1150

Seriously?
If you cannot take good care of what you have, you will not have anything good for very long!!!