cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
After much debate, I finally bit the bullet and traded my beloved Tundra for a 2014 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie with the 5.7l Hemi. Hope I don't regret it. Found a good deal on a slightly used Ram and got more than expected for my '07 Tundra. Best part of a Toyota is its resale value.

The Tundra was a great truck and towed my TT fine, but we were always over GVWR by a few hundred pounds and close to maxing axle ratings. The Ram gives me 1k more payload (2300). The Hemi has similar power to the Tundra's 5.7 so it should be plenty. Unfortunately I won't get to test it out until spring.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley
11 REPLIES 11

ChuckandSue
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking truck. It will pull a lot easier.
Chuck and Sue, living the full-timing dream, but in an interim travel trailer, 2013 Starcraft AR-ONE 21WB
Tow vehicle - 2015 Ford F450
Full-timer 5th wheel - to be ordered in 2015 or 2016
Fulltime begins summer of 2017

katoom400
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
camp-n-family wrote:
I just got done paying off my 2010 Tundra and I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 6.4, although I may sell my Tundra privately since the dealers are only offering 14k for it...it does have 100k miles on it though..

Seems a little low. I got $17k for my '07 with 105k on it. Came to $19k with the tax savings added in. Another reason why I love Toyotas. Resale value. Made it hard to pass up.

You'll almost always get more in a private sale. Dealers often lowball the seller. The best way to tell the real price is what they are selling for locally in your area on comparable models. Autotrader and others have lots of info.

Yeah, a couple of dealer only offered me ~10k...at least at 14k they are in the ball park, I could probably get 16-17k private sale, but sometimes it's easier to not have to deal with selling privately and take the tax savings which would equate to ~$15k for my truck....not great...but not terrible either.

plus it's my only vehicle, so if I do sell privately I have to buy something immediately after.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
I just got done paying off my 2010 Tundra and I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 6.4, although I may sell my Tundra privately since the dealers are only offering 14k for it...it does have 100k miles on it though..

Seems a little low. I got $17k for my '07 with 105k on it. Came to $19k with the tax savings added in. Another reason why I love Toyotas. Resale value. Made it hard to pass up.

You'll almost always get more in a private sale. Dealers often lowball the seller. The best way to tell the real price is what they are selling for locally in your area on comparable models. Autotrader and others have lots of info.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

katoom400
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Truck!

I have to say I love everything about the Tundra except the payload capacity...and that's the problem with all 1/2 ton trucks!

one sticking point right now is that my wife sits in the front middle seat when we have one of the kid's friends along for the trip...on the tundra the backrest reclines and the Ram it doesn't and is uncomforably too far foward..

Trying to see if she can live with it as that's the only thing holding us back right now..

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
Great truck and engine I don't think you will regret it. I loved mine and it came after the shop queen 6.7 Cummins that I owned. It was nice driving everyday and not worrying about the next check engine light, egr valve or turbo cleaning/replacement.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking truck. Hope it is as good as the Tundra. Enjoy
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

3inCoquitlam
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, it's a very nice upgrade!
2012 F150 SCrew FX4 5.0L

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
congrats! It sure is a beauty.

That 5.7 Hemi is a beast of a motor.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new ride!
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice truck!