Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WDH.

MandKJohns
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Easter all!

I am currently looking to buy a WDH for my new to me TT. I currently do not have a WDH so this is all new to me. I came across this hitch but it doesn't have the traditional chains going to the TT. Is this a sufficient hitch. The tongue weight and the gross weight of my TT is under the weight requirements of this particular hitch, so weight is not an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to WDH in question
11 REPLIES 11

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
You don't oil friction points. That's why they call them friction points. Oiling relieves friction, and the noise tells you it's working. I have an old one like it and use it on an equipment trlr it just pops.

A pop is one thing. I've heard them that sound like someone is tearing a sheet of plywood in half. A drop of oil will quiet it down. We have no sway control at all on our rig and no sway. If a drop of oil is all it takes to send your rig into a tail spin, you have far bigger problems than which hitch you've chosen to use or how you choose to keep it quiet.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
If you do not like the noise from the equilizer, then just buy "bracket jackets" to install at the friction point . They are only $20.and you will never know a difference in sway control.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

MandKJohns
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the responses. I have decided to purchase the unit above and give it a shot.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I camp Host, and I see a lot of different kinds of WDH setups. The one you posted seams to be the most used one out there. I started out with one of those that had the bars / chains. The problem I had was that the propane bottles where in the way of mounting the brackets I sold mine and went with an Andersen. and it also has sway control built into it. And then again I don't have a lot of tongue weight.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I camp Host, and I see a lot of different kinds of WDH setups. The one you posted seams to be the most used one out there. I started out with one of those that had the bars / chains. The problem I had was that the propane bottles where in the way of mounting the brackets I sold mine and went with an Andersen. and it also has sway control built into it. And then again I don't have a lot of tongue weight.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
You don't oil friction points. That's why they call them friction points. Oiling relieves friction, and the noise tells you it's working. I have an old one like it and use it on an equipment trlr it just pops.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with that hitch. If noise is a problem, a drop of oil on each friction point and hitch points will quiet it down while slightly reducing it's effectiveness. If your new to you trailer has an under chassis coupler, the round bars may ride too low. They work better with high couplers.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Not in the market at the moment but I am fascinated by the Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

Any feedback from owners of this hitch ?

There are literally hundreds of posts concerning this hitch. Most of us who have actually used one like them but there are also many detractors.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Not in the market at the moment but I am fascinated by the Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

Any feedback from owners of this hitch ?

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at a blue ox yesterday at an rv dealer. It looked very nice. If i ever get a new, bigger tt, i will seriously consider the blue ox.

Happy Easter. He is risen!
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
It's a good hitch. Lots of them out there. It's the little brother of the Equal-i-zer which is very popular.

I had one on a previous trailer. Worked ok but was really noisy. (wife hated it).

Also look at a Blue Ox SwayPro. Great hitch. Super easy to set up and use. Rock solid performance both weight distribution and sway control. No exposed grease.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro