cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie here... Shower issues already

Nativegypsylife
Explorer
Explorer
I recently set up my Komfort Travel Trailer to finally live in it. When we first bought it we thought we were going to travel in it. I got too sick in the last two years but finally found a peaceful spot to heal in. I hooked it up last Friday to running water for the first time & when we turned the water on, the shower knob on the left blew right off. Luckily the shower door was closed, so no one was injured & the spout of water was contained to the inside of the shower.

I was going to try & repair it myself, because I can't use either the running water or the holding tank water until it is completely fixed or I can locate a bypass and shut it off until I can take it back to the RV place where we bought it from. They can't fix it for 3 more weeks. It is under warranty ( I hope this is), so I am definitely going to take it back to them.

But they will have to take the whole shower apart & replace it, because it is all one piece. The shower faucet is built in. Unless I carefully cut a hole and seal it all back up, I am kind of out of luck

My questions are 1) where can I get a copy of my manual? It is a 2009 Komfort Travel Trailer 277 Model. And 2) where is the bypass? I haven't looked under the bed yet, but will when I am over at my RV lot in a day or so.

Thank you, Nativegypsylife

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for how-to question related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, go to the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!
11 REPLIES 11

GertrudeBradley
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with stickdog. You must have had some high pressure to blow off the valve. Were you using a pressure regulator?
DIY lover, Innovative idea enthusiast. Reviewer of best shower panel.

GertrudeBradley
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with stickdog. You must have had some high pressure to blow off the valve. Were you using a pressure regulator?
DIY lover, Innovative idea enthusiast. Reviewer of best shower panel.

Nativegypsylife
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone... I am going to have Action RV repair it on June 19th... fingers crossed. That way I can show that it was professionally repaired. Good ideas you all shared & advice, thank you... I have an alternative place to stay, so going back & forth for a few more weeks, until this is resolved... now I am planning a strategy to use for mosquito problem- from establishing a bat house, to planting natural plants ( marigolds; to actual mosquito traps... life by a beautiful river.... I did get my trailer repositioned and now the canopy is out & provides shade and shelter from the rain...can't wait to get to be at my new spot full time....have a good summer everyone. I will give updates after I have it fixed. Take care, Nativegypsylife

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I did, disregard the first couple of pictures because I had to add an outside shower to move pipes to new location

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
Exactly the reason why I never hook up directly to city water with a hose. I always fill my fresh water tank and use the on-board pump. Never, never have to worry about high pressure blowing something apart that way.

You may avoid high pressure issues by always using the fresh tank and the onboard pump. But you are always stuck with mediocre pump pressure, which is always OK but never ideal.
Pick your poison.
I prefer to take advantage of the higher pressure from the CG when available. I use a pressure regulator to avoid issues.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly the reason why I never hook up directly to city water with a hose. I always fill my fresh water tank and use the on-board pump. Never, never have to worry about high pressure blowing something apart that way.

I don't know what kind of arrangement you may have with your dealership, but I've never heard of any camper still having a warranty when it's 9 years old.

About manuals. No... you'll never find what you need. They don't exist for the public. Your best bet is to search youtube videos for a video of your make and model of camper and hope there is something in the video that will help you.

About the bypass? There most likely, is none. Unless it was specially installed, or an after market install, there are no cut off valves anywhere in RV's. If you want the water off, you turn off your water pump or disconnect your garden hose. They are not built or plumbed like a stick-and-brick house would be.

With the right care, you can fix this yourself. But you'll need to be creative.

If it were me, I'd probably cut an access hole around the faucet. Remove the cut out, get a new piece of plastic used for bathroom surrounds, cut the holes for the new faucet handles, insert, and glue the replacement panel directly over the wall inside the shower.

Now, if you have a place to access on the back side of that wall, then there is the place to make cut the hole. But if not, make a new panel to fit over the cut-out, insert the faucet handles through it, and glue (or caulk) it down.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Doubtful there is a bypass. Most shower valves are mounted on a bezel that unscrews and gives access. About a 20 minute job to install a new valve.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
Chances are, the shower vavle wasn't winterized fully, water in the valve froze and broke out the plastic, when water was turned on, it failed.

X2

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chances are, the shower vavle wasn't winterized fully, water in the valve froze and broke out the plastic, when water was turned on, it failed.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
You must have had some high pressure to blow off the valve. Were you using a pressure regulator?
There often is an access to the valve sometime in another room or in a cabinet.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu