cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Okanagan truck camper

debgg
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2004 Okanagan M-89WS truck camper, it didn't come with a owners manual. I'm looking for one even if it is a copy. I've looked on line and even paid for a site that is suppose to find them, but no luck. Thanks, Deb
6 REPLIES 6

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Its been a few years. But if you will post pictures of the valves I think I might be able to walk you though those.
You have valves on the hot water heater lines. Those allow you to bypass the water heater. Then some of the others allow you to pump antifreeze into the lines. I used compressed air to blow out the lines. Then pumped antifreeze into them also. Took care of any low spots that might hold liquids.
We had a 811-SL from new in 06 to 2012.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
You will still need to either drain the water pump or run RV antifreeze through it. Donโ€™t forget the toilet and draining the water heater. The toilet valve can break when it freezes.

Iโ€™ve found it easier to just run RV antifreeze through the lines after switching to winter mode and draining the water heater.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

specta
Explorer
Explorer
debgg wrote:
I see water lines with values on them and wondering if I need to turn some off when I'm using city water instead of water tank and if I want to antifreeze the lines. thank you.

There's an internal check valve and it switches over when you attach city water.

You should be just fine.

Congrats on you new camper.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

debgg
Explorer
Explorer
I see water lines with values on them and wondering if I need to turn some off when I'm using city water instead of water tank and if I want to antifreeze the lines. thank you.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, RV's do not have an " owners manual" on how to operate all the mechanicals like you think of when you buy a car or truck..

That's up to you to figure out or the dealer that might charge a fee to spend an hour or two with you when you buy it brand new, or buying used.... Well, that's up to who sold it to you if you don't know how to use it and what questions you ask (either private sale or dealer)

You should be able to find the individual manuals for each appliance in your RV on how it operates on the interweb. So, that service you paid for should be able to find each individual appliance you have. You just gotta get the model number for each one..

That's all you get with a new RV even today.

All I got with my brand new 2003 Prowler was a packet full of the manuals of each appliance. Same deal on my brand new 2019 Rockwood..

In each of those new rv purchases, the dealer that sold me the rig took me thru it and showed me how to operate all the stuff..

In the end, I knew about some of the stuff, but even after 50 years of 'camping' experience, I needed to ask a lot of questions on these new "rv" stuff..

You Tube will show you tons of stuff on how to do the basic "rv stuff" if that's what you are looking for.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

markowwes
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased an Okanagan 116 Ultimate Suite new back in 2004, The binder only had manuals and warranty books for the supplied appliances and equipment, nothing really for the camper itself other than the warranty card. What were you looking for?