cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One jack not functioning AF811

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Happy camping season! Pulled camper out today. One jack was struggling a bit then it stopped working. Fuse is still good. Batteries are older and had been on charger for
Many days prior.

What is proper diagnostic procedure with only one acting up? I would not think battery but as I said they are getting long in the tooth. Maybe high resistance cable or connector combined with older batteries?

Fuse good.

Was thinking to fire up generator and try again. I think this should rule out batteries if it still doesnโ€™t work, but not not positive.

What else to try/check? Thanks Iโ€™m advance.
------------------------------------------------
2015 All Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 CC Duramax
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB
16 REPLIES 16

Highway_Runner
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace two of my jack motors last year. They quit working.
You can just take it off and plug it into a different location. It is a very easy process and will take about 30 minutes. Good luck!
2015 Eagle Cap 1165
2016 F-350 Lariat 4x4, 6.2 Boss Dually, 4.30 Axle
Air Lifter 7500 XL w Rancho 9000s & Torklift Stable Loads

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Finally resolved this. Sent controller back to Reico which was determined defective. $500 later itโ€™s back working. Sure itโ€™s 5 years old not basically it used. Should have lasted longer in my opinion.

Thank you to all for your suggestions on troubleshooting.
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make sure it is not the button on the remote controller.

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
That is probably my next move, to call reico. Iโ€™m hoping it can be repaired cheaper than $500 for a new one.
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have you tried calling Reico Titan for advice yet?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
I changed battery twice, checked all fuses again. Tried red and black remotes plugged into remote plug and directly to controller. Also made sure I was on the right mode and not trying to move the awning. I also tried another red remote direct wired. Nothing seems to work. I did get one jack to move once briefly.

I did notice that previously I would get the LED lights for each jack to come on red or green....even though nothing was moving. Now those LEDs do not ever come on.

Any last things to try before I blow $500 on a new controller?
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
I think it was changed last year. Iโ€™ll give it a goโ€ฆ
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
When was the last time you changed the battery in your wireless remote? Mine has to be replaced about every two years. I know its time when the jacks start to act wonky.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Just tried to plug wires controller direct to control box and it worked. Then tried wireless. Nothing. Then plugged wires into remote location and all fine again. Ugg. Donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going on.

Maybe Iโ€™ll change the codes and see if wireless comes back
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks lol for the tips. Man access to this thing to get screws off terminal block is terrible. I was able to check a whole bunch of stuff and finally determine a failed fuse on one jack. In swear I checked that first but I guess not. Now I have a new issue. I was lowering all four and all was good. Did some leveling and now none of the jacks work.

Control box has 12vdc and active light comes on.
All fuses on entire control box and in main fuse box all good.
Killed power and reset several times.
Tried wired and wireless remote . Lights on remote control come on.
No lights for the jacks come on on the main control box when pressing remote buttons.

Any idea what to check next? It kind of acts like the remote doesnโ€™t work. Is there a way to manually activate without the remote to see if itโ€™s the remote or something else?

Maybe there is another fuse if I take the cover off the control box?
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
I had same problem with our 2013 AF811. I pulled the cap off the top & got a socket on it. Made maybe just a half turn by hand. Then tried again via controller. All good. That was 2 years ago. Hasn't happened again since.

Bedlam
Pull the jack motor head off the faulty jack, run power and see if the motor spins and the jack is siezed. Plug the head into another location to verify motor if it still does not spin which will tell you if it is wiring or controller issues.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

thealexdexter
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not aware of a button inside. I did try the red remote connected via wire with same result.
2016 Arctic Fox 811SB

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a up/down button on the jack or in the camper and did you try it? That'll confirm/deny the remote.
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.