cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orlando to Fort Meyers to Fort Lauderdale - repair shops?

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
I have the following it's that need fixing and I can't find anyone to do them in one place. I'm looking at wasting 3 days currently to get this list done at all different places.

Can anyone suggest a place from Orlando to Fort Meyers to Fort Lauderdale that can do all of this work?

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins

1) Had a clutch put in and the previous mechanic did it wrong. After they put the transmission back and added transmission fluid, the synchros stopped working. They start to work after about half an hour of driving once the transmission heats up. Otherwise it's grinding and unable to shift without double clutching. Need this fixed.

2) Oil Change (Rotella or better)

3) Need tires, balance and alignment. I need an alignment done after a load is put in the back because it is chewing through tires when the alignment is done with no load. Load is a truck camper. Tires needed are 245/70 r19.5, load range H, regroovable.

4) rear window installation. I have the window already, the old one can be broken when removed. No problem.
3 REPLIES 3

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if transmission issues are related to the clutch release slave/master cylinder? Perhaps it simply needs to have air bled from the system. Certainly can make it hard/impossible to shift until you stomp it a few times since the clutch would fully disengage given enough air in the lines. I've had it happen to me before. Unless he installed the wrong transmission fluid. I suppose that could cause some drag/coupling until things warm up.

Good luck. I'd try a dealership. Sometimes the prices for service can be quite reasonable and they usually get it right or make it right.
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
jim1521 wrote:
Did you try a Dodge/Ram dealership? I know I hate to point you towards a dealer, but that would be your one-stop shopping for what you need done.

Fair point. I hadn't even considered dealers. You're correct that would save a lot of time and typically they do the job right at least.

Thanks for the reminder.

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try a Dodge/Ram dealership? I know I hate to point you towards a dealer, but that would be your one-stop shopping for what you need done.