cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoors RV Timber Ridge

tshirtman
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a Timber Ridge by Outdoors RV?
Seem to be pretty nice and many upgraded freatures for about the same money as others on my list. They have a new trailer comming into production in April I really like but no pics yet. 270DSRL
19 REPLIES 19

robgrune
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Blackrock. Very good, much above "normal" standards, and for me was very good value. Was it perfect? No. No TT is perfect.

AllenTC2
Explorer
Explorer
I think if you look enough, you can see a trend in the comments about manufacturer X. In regards to ORV, most are positive, while admitting they aren't perfect. I've seen very few extremely negative regarding them.

That said, reading is only a way to narrow down the manufacturers I want to visit and see first hand.

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
TKW wrote:
We bought a used Timber Ridge last year. Like most TTs, may be with a few exceptions, it has its share of problems. From my short time of ownership, I discovered a dozen of issues. Some are minor, and some are not so much. There're equipment failure that has nothing to do with the TT's workmanship. And there are design errors from day one that factory had wash its hand due to the one year warranty expiration.
Overall, I would give it a passing grade. Will I buy another ORV? I'm not too sure. Don't get me wrong. It's an upgrade from my last TT which I owned for 19 years and sold as a restoration project. But it is far from getting a perfect grade, at least from me.
BTW, if you go to IRV2 forum and look for ORV owners section, you can see there are very happy owners and there are also owners with issues.

That is the thing that gets me...You look for Months it seems...Different models, manufacturers, etc. In depth, I have looked at Coleman, Jayco, Starcraft, Outdoors RV, and Retro by Riverside RV. I have also looked at many other trailer models by other companies in my range of price and floorplan. But when it comes down to it, who do you listen to when it comes to advice on a trailer purchase?

You have the owners who would like to call in an airstrike on the company that made their trailer due to all the problems they have had. Then you have the owners who would defend their particular trailer builder to the death, singing high praise of their home on wheels.

So what do you do? Do you go with the few (who are usually the loudest) who have had nothing but problems or the ones who believe their trailer is the best thing since sliced bread.

I know I am beating the dead horse...but it still is a question that many will ask. Guess it is just one of those things where when you have done all the reading you can, you just have to jump.

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a used Timber Ridge last year. Like most TTs, may be with a few exceptions, it has its share of problems. From my short time of ownership, I discovered a dozen of issues. Some are minor, and some are not so much. There're equipment failure that has nothing to do with the TT's workmanship. And there are design errors from day one that factory had wash its hand due to the one year warranty expiration.
Overall, I would give it a passing grade. Will I buy another ORV? I'm not too sure. Don't get me wrong. It's an upgrade from my last TT which I owned for 19 years and sold as a restoration project. But it is far from getting a perfect grade, at least from me.
BTW, if you go to IRV2 forum and look for ORV owners section, you can see there are very happy owners and there are also owners with issues.
2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller

Waunacamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Timber Ridge 27bhs we purchased in April. We bought from a dealer in Idaho Falls and drove out from Wisconsin to get it. Got a great price, trip back was uneventful. We love the unit, have had no issues at all. They are heavy but tow better than any previous trailers we have had. Love the large tanks and room, we have had 10 people eat and watch a movie on a rainy day. As others have said they are a sister company to Northwood. Would recommend doing the factory tour also.
2017 ORV Timber Ridge 27BHS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.4/4.10)

AllenTC2
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to revive this post to see if anyone has gotten one since. I may be in a position to get a TT within the year, and these guys look to be the one I want to go with.

Thanks for letting me necropost! LOL

Oregon327
Explorer
Explorer
I have also purchased a 2014 Timber Ridge (250RDS) from Lassen RV in Albany, Oregon. Dealt with Brian the sales manager. Good folks to deal with, and price was very good after talking with 2 other dealers, one in Boise, the other in Washington. Looked hard at the Arctic Fox, but settled on the Timber Ridge. Have used the furnace, turned up the refer, but have not made our first trip yet due to weather. Looking forward to the spring and summer !
Outside finish improved for 2014, also now built with aluminum framing, double pane frameless windows and fantastic fans. Check out the Outdoors RV website.
2014 Timber Ridge 250RDS
2012 Ford F250 Lariat 4X4
(6.2L, 3.73 )

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Leland2 wrote:
If you would recommend the dealer in Albany, and buy from them again, would post the name of the dealership and the ''person'' you dealt with?

adairlb wrote:
We just brought home our new Timber Ridge 250RDS two weeks ago that we purchased from a dealer in Albany, Oregon. We haven't had it out yet except for the trip home when the temperature overnight was in the low 20's and were quite comfortable and the heater hardly ran.

I researched travel trailers for quite a while before we decided on the Timber Ridge. We had it narrowed down to the Nash, Arctic Fox and the Outdoor lines. We decided on the Timer Ridge because of weight, floor plan and fit and finish. The quality on the interior of the Timber Ridge is wonderful.

The dealer in Albany was incredible to work with and I cannot say enough positive things about them. It was well worth the drive to pick it up.

http://www.lassenrv.com/

Leland2
Explorer
Explorer
If you would recommend the dealer in Albany, and buy from them again, would post the name of the dealership and the ''person'' you dealt with?

adairlb wrote:
We just brought home our new Timber Ridge 250RDS two weeks ago that we purchased from a dealer in Albany, Oregon. We haven't had it out yet except for the trip home when the temperature overnight was in the low 20's and were quite comfortable and the heater hardly ran.

I researched travel trailers for quite a while before we decided on the Timber Ridge. We had it narrowed down to the Nash, Arctic Fox and the Outdoor lines. We decided on the Timer Ridge because of weight, floor plan and fit and finish. The quality on the interior of the Timber Ridge is wonderful.

The dealer in Albany was incredible to work with and I cannot say enough positive things about them. It was well worth the drive to pick it up.

smiley87
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Outdoors RV Backcountry 22F and love it, very nice interior, features my parents expensive 5th wheel doesn't even have, and fits my wife, 2 boys and I perfectly.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I think you won't be disappointed with your new OutdoorRV

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

adairlb
Explorer
Explorer

Jayco Greyhawk 29GS

rickjf
Explorer
Explorer
you can't buy an outdoos rv from Thunder. they don't carry that line,
although they would love to. outdoors rv and northwood rv, although
the same owners, are fully separate. factories are on opposite sides of town.
northwood does make the frame for outdoors rv though.
Rick & Connie
GMC duramax
Arctic fox 25P

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2012 Timber Ridge 240rks at the start of last season and am quite pleased with it. It seems to hold up to lots of road miles better than any other TT I've owned. Last year we drug it from the SLC Utah area to the North Rim, Mesa Verde, Durango CO, Flaming Gorge, Yellowstone, Yosemite, The Redwoods and coastal hwy etc. About 8.5k miles of road tripping total. We've also experienced temperatures from the teens to 110F range without any issues, and the insulation seems quite acceptable. About the only thing I've done to it is replace most of the light bulbs with LED's since we mostly dry camp, otherwise it seems to have come equiped just right.

As for maintenance, We had a few vibration related issues like the vent knob screws vibrating out and the knobs falling off, a couple screws under the sink worked loose and needed tightened. I had a leaking line on the water heater I had to tighten, and the TV quit on a long trip when we were taking the grandkids (Only time since we've had the TT we really wanted the TV) They replaced the TV without any issues so I have to say my limited customer service is good.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.