cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new to me TT last fall that has an outside shower. At first I thought it was kind of cool, but now I'm wondering what it's purpose is? About the only use I can see it would be good for is washing sand off of the grand kids feet at the beach. Am I missing something?
57 REPLIES 57

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I never use it. Instead I always put a y-valve on the hose bibb and have a 25โ€™ hose with sprayer attached. Also bought a 6x8 outdoor rug and cut it into 3 2x8 strips so there can be a fairly clean walkway back around the camper. Works great for the lake and beach.
Iโ€™m considering removing the shower unit and making a small compartment for stuff like soap.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a new 2018 Forest River trailer that has an outside shower.
We have been snow birding in the trailer for the past six months and I still haven't even unlocked it's compartment to see it.
We have no use for it and will never use it.
When I see where it is located I think the designer must have been out of his mind. You would have to stand with your legs straddling the sewer hose. Not only that, but the 50 amp cable entrance is right there also.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
What cracks me up is they put a lock on our outdoor shower.
If someone needs a shower bad enough that they're willing to steal it, by gawd they can have it.

So true!! Never understood this. Vandalism prevention maybe? Unfortunately, keys are the only way to open or close the door, do we don't use ours as much as we might if it were more readily accessible.

That said, washing off outside gear, kids feet from the sand, etc... are what we use it for. We don't use it that often, but we never use the campground showers (always use ours) - so it does come in handy to try to get the grimier stuff off outside..

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
I like mine so much that I put another outside shower on the starboard side by tapping into the bathroom sink water lines (now have port and starboard showers). Added 3/4" adapters so that I can use a standard garden hose sprayer.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is called a utility shower! I wash my "utilities" with it!!! :E

Seriously, I use it every trip. clean hands, dishes and to get hot water while I`m outside. The only time I`ve ever showered with it was when we rinsed off after being in the ocean, very useful, I couldn't imagine not having one. never had a problem with it either. I will always want one.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Became a regular leaking issue in my rig so I removed it. I use the campground water hookup to wash the dogs off after beach etc.
Kevin

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Another advantage had by having a steel pressure tank, I can connect a hose to the tank drain and have pressurized flow. Initially, I had reservations about the steel tank putting out a lot of rust into the supply side but that hasn't been an issue. Yes, I get a small amount of rust when dewinterizing but it isn't enough to worry about. When I dewinterize and fill the tank, I've got a hose from the house onto the tank inlet and a hose on the drain outlet. The flow from the hose eliminates most of any rust, along with bleach in the tank for santizing.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
My handle busted first trip to the snow. Never fixed it.

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
kids/dogs/mountain bikes/sandy feet/dishes/dirty mats/clean fish.....endless possibilities

x2 plus 1. You will likely find a use for it at some point.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
What cracks me up is they put a lock on our outdoor shower.
If someone needs a shower bad enough that they're willing to steal it, by gawd they can have it.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually used mine for the first time last trip. At a FHU site, I left the drinking hose connected to city water supply, connected outside shower hose to black tank flush (with a one way valve) and used outside shower for black tank flush.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Never used it in the old camper. Became a problem winterizing. Let cold air in under the couch where the door was located outside.

Not insulated.

Check valve changed twice but still chattered when I did attempt to use it..

I made sure I bought an RV without that feature this time..

With the new RV I added a 1/2" boiler drain tp the cold side of low point drain..

Hook a hose with a real sprayer

Like this but I added a ball style boiler drain..

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
I now check the back-side connections at the beginning of the season. Had one leak, but caught it early enough to avoid problems. Mine is accessible from behind a bathroom drawer.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really wish I had one, but I don't so I bought one of these. It plugs into a 12V outlet.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Larry-D wrote:
Wash the dogs when they rub all in something dead while we hike the trails.
x2
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H