cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

owners manual

Bullwinkle65
Explorer
Explorer
I am a newly retired 2003 Bonair hard body camper owner. I have one that has an awning, furnace, 3 piece bathroom, sleeps 4, single axle, and AC. It's beautiful to me...I'm not rich but this camper makes me feel that way. I've been camping since I was a child pitching a tent in my back yard some 57 years ago.
I don't know a lot about the hot water system, the 3 pc bathroom, the furnace,or the breaker panel. Is there any fellow campers who have an old copy of the manual? Or, could I buy the photo copies of the manual from you? Or, where on earth can find the Bonair website to get a copy of that manual? I've tried, but I cannot find that site. Many thanks to anyone who can help me. Just a reminder, I will PAY for that manual or the photo copies.
Much gratitude to anyone who can help me with this situation. Don
8 REPLIES 8

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
You may already have a list of the exact appliances and model numbers. First place to start looking is the inside of the wardrobe cabinet door. I think RVIA required manufacturers to put a document in there with the make, model, serial, appliance list, tire size, etc.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Bullwinkle65
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thank you to all for your suggestions,I will do my best to follow you leads. I will wait until it gets a little warmer, and get the specs on each service required. Furnace, shower, heater, etc etc...again follow campers, thank you. Don

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Almost any RV manual is just a collection of the manuals that the appliance manufacturers put out and any other information is just about useless.

We have a longtime member, Chris Bryant, now retired from his RV service business, who has generously provided a link to many manuals, both RV's themselves and appliances used in RV's, on his company website. You can check out the various categories on his site
here.

You would probably be best served by looking up the model numbers of the various items in your trailer and then searching for the manual for each item.
Good luck. 🙂
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Collingwood eh? Just a quick zip down old #26, go see the guys at Stayner Travel Trailer, over the years I've had great service from them.

Bullwinkle65
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank Bobbo,Rob & Ken for the advice. I will take on this new project with your advice. Glad I found this site, I hope this will be a good year for all of us. (campers)

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Manuals for older RVs, well they were not the best, even when new. Your best bet would be to make a list of all the appliances, stove, fridge, water heater, furnace etc. that are in your trailer. Get the make, model# etc and google search for the individual manuals.
I've owned two Bonair popup trailers in the 80s and early 90s. Bonair was a smaller Quebec company that primarily made popup,s before trying the hard body trailers. Bonair closed their doors (out of business??) in the early 2000s.

Gimme Shelter RV, Shelburne, ON , They were long time dealers for Bonair until Bonair's demise. Gimme Shelters owners Keith and Suzy, could probably answer any questions you need about Bonair,
but for most of the RV issues, you will probably get all the answers here. Plumbing, wiring (12v and 120v) is similar in all trailers, just adapted for individual units. Converters, appliances etc are all manufactured by individual companies and then installed in the trailer by Bonair or other RV manufacturer.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's not really such a thing as an owners' manual for most towable RVs - especially one that old. You may be able to find PDF manuals for the appliances and other components by going to the manufacturer's web sites with the model numbers (i.e. furnace, refrigerator, stove, AC, etc.). The running gear (chassis, axle, bearings, hubs, etc.) are industry standard and any good trailer shop can work on those parts. You should have the bearings and brakes inspected and, if the tires are over five or six years old, replace them before you tow the RV.

Otherwise, YouTube is your best friend. Folks have put videos out there to step you through almost any scenario imaginable. Bobbo's suggestion of having an experienced person come over and do "boot camp" with is also a great idea.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your best bet is to find a local RV owner who will come over and give you lessons.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB