cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Perplexed As To What To Call It But "30SecondsToCamper"

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
This came in a newsletter that I get and I'm not really sure what to call it as it is more of a mating between a very tiny TT, a tent and a "pod" and while I found it pricey, I could see at least a small market for such a "pod":

www.30secondstoCamp.com
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day
15 REPLIES 15

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I will stick with my TT and / or a Eureka 4 man tent,with Coleman air mattress I always use the tent and 20' tarp for canoe camping and both of them together did not cost what that thing does and I will bet my kit is more comfortable.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I think this screen tent is a better idea. It would be easy to stow and not be hanging in my way like the Pod. If I had that Pod hanging on the rear it would be full of camping junk so would take longer than 30 seconds to deploy.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Can you use a WDH with it? :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I would not want to drive an SUV like they show, with 275 lbs hanging off its butt. DutchmanSport's idea of using it as a guest bed for a large RV is a good one, though.

I notice the design funnels rainwater into the bed at the center and all along the tent half. I would not use this thing in the rain -- a real tent would be much drier.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
At 275# you aren't going to lift that thing into the receiver.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at it as an alternative to a towed travel trailer that needs tags etc. It appears it would keep the sleeping area clean, too - I know debris gets under my tonneau cover.

It would have to be towed with my truck instead of my car because of the hitch requirements.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Given the cost, I'd throw a mattress in the back of my mini-van or pickup with a cap. I'd have a foot or more left for storage space.

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if the height of the legs could be adjusted to allow it to hook up to a full size van.

We have a full size van with a seat that converts to a bed. We have 3 adults and this would actually work pretty good in a case like that. Being older, we are not fans of being on or very close to the ground. It is still easy to get down but a really long way back up.
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm wondering how I would lift it up to attach it to my hitch receiver. Just how much does it weigh? Most vehicles have fairly low limits on dead weight that can be carried on a receiver.

The vehicle I would use to carry it would be my full-size van. I think I have about as much space behind the third seat in the van, and I could build a bunk for a lot less than the price of this. But maybe I'm not the market.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
What will they think of next? That's a lot better than trying to sleep in a car seat and drier than a tent. Being a cheap --- I'd try to build one.:)

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
It said the regular price is about $3500. It's on sale!
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
(MSRP: $3450.00) (is lined out) CALL FOR PRICING โ€“ Now Accepting Pre-Orders for Gen2 Models

See this page.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's definitely unique. But, I would rather have a tear drop if I was going that small.

It would be interesting to see the price.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting! I see potential there. It would make a GREAT extra room for the Mother-in-law! Attach to the bumper of your camper and away you go!

Would also work good for a couple kids that don't want to share space with Mom and Dad inside the main camper either.

I like the hitch idea. It could be attached to a 5er, MH, trailer, back of a truck, small car, anything that has a receiver hitch.

The only problem I saw was, it covers the license plate of the vehicle. That would have to be worked out.

When they say, "call for more information" and won't put the price on the web site, you know is going to cost a fortune that a normal personal would never pay!

Still, it's an interesting concept and I see potential for this catching on and becoming popular.