cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pickup Truck Sales Globally

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
This site is basically a paid site but every now and then it inadvertently shows details for free.
What is surprising and these are figures for 2016( They include US Pickup production) is the Toyota Hilux sold 524,000 examples 5th best selling Pickup Globally
What is even more surprising is the Isuzu DMAX sells close too or does sell 300,000 vehicles Globally It is rated 7th
Ford Ranger about 107,000 for 2016
Global Pickup Sales' some surprising numbers
65 REPLIES 65

blt2ski
Time to shut teenagers down.......
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Shiner & Robert's theme song.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

I wonder if you read what you post. You have an underlying hated and paranoid suspicion of anything not from the US. You posted the bulk of the links, I took the information from your link immediately above. You could not mention the Corolla although it was in one of your links, because it was not from the US and was the best selling Global vehicle.You defintely have a problem Even Canadians are to be wary off according to you

Nope, I didn't mention the cars because this thread is about trucks sales, not car sales. This is why I only pulled the top 5 trucks from my link. It was you kept going on and on about cars from my link, not me.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
You hate Americans and American pickups so seeing an American pickup at number one bothers you. So you kept bringing up the Corolla thing so you can say that was number one

I wonder if you read what you post. You have an underlying hated and paranoid suspicion of anything not from the US. You posted the bulk of the links, I took the information from your link immediately above. You could not mention the Corolla although it was in one of your links, because it was not from the US and was the best selling Global vehicle.You defintely have a problem Even Canadians are to be wary off according to you :R
ShinerBrock posted from the Focus2Move site Worlds best selling Vehicles
Quote:

Copyright

Let us to remember to all the several global media and bloggers feeding from our articles for their publications, to quote and link us to not infringe our copyright and respect our job on collecting so many data. Thanks!

Below, you can sort our interactive tables to see data regarding Models. Please bear in mind that sales data are subject to adjustments as sources will update their information. This report is updated at the publishing date and will not be modified while the next on this subject will always have the year to date data updated.

Show entriesSearch:
Ran 2017 Rank 2016 Best Sales 2017 Sales 2016 Var 2017
1 1 Toyota Corolla 829.757 881.805 -5,9%
2 3 Ford F-Series 697.996 643.222 8,5%
3 2 Volkswagen Golf 573.957 626.992 -8,5%
4 10 Honda Civic 537.763 426.431 26,1%
5 7 Toyota RAV4 531.271 470.214 13,0%
6 4 Honda CR-V 503.156 498.992 0,8%
7 8 Volkswagen Polo 448.435 461.034 -2,7%
8 6 Ford Focus 440.842 481.569 -8,5%
9 23 Volkswagen Tiguan 439.163 306.713 43,2%
10 9 Toyota Camry 420.313 440.076 -4,5%Showing 1 to 10 of 100 entriesPreviousNext

(122139)

best cars in the world
best-selling cars
car ranking
Ford F-Series
Honda Civic
Honda CR-V
slider
toyota corolla
Toyota Rav 4
Volkswagen Golf
World
world best-selling cars
world car industry
world's car
In the spotlight

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

ShinerBrock posted from the Focus2Move site

Actually you mentioned Corolla's in post #9 in this thread and I didn't post my link until post #14. Go back and look.

That is your link above not mine.I was commenting on the Fox link that had no Hilux but mentioned the Corolla
Hilux maybe the 4th best selling Pickup Globally and Toyotas Corolla worlds best selling car

Seriously guy? You started talking about Coroala's before I even posted here. And while my link had a Corolla(and many other cars) on the top 100 vehicles sales list, I only talked about the top 5 sold pick up trucks. I have been trying not to talk about cars in this thread because this thread is about trucks, not cars.

However, I know why you keep bringing up the Corolla thing. You hate Americans and American pickups so seeing an American pickup at number one bothers you. So you kept bringing up the Corolla thing so you can say that was number one instead. Even though this thread is about trucks sales globally and the number one selling truck in the world is the F-series followed by the Silverado and Ram.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

Actually you mentioned Corolla's in post #9 in this thread and I didn't post my link until post #14. Go back and look.

That is your link above not mine.I was commenting on the Fox link that had no Hilux but mentioned the Corolla
Hilux maybe the 4th best selling Pickup Globally and Toyotas Corolla worlds best selling car now Daimler ( Mercedes) wants to see how it's Pickup goes. It is being released soon in Australia

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Actually you mentioned Corolla's in post #9 in this thread and I didn't post my link until post #14 and only mentioned trucks from that link. Go back and look.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
MNGeeks61 wrote:
Ugh. There is a block feature which will be getting used shortly.

The thread's about trucks, one person was touting the hilux, then somehow it became about the corolla? Why is this so important?

click

Sure, call it "strange". But I somehow doubt that Ford would suddenly experience a drastic downturn, so...

clickthistoo

It's great that they sell a lot. That makes no difference to me, and doesn't address any quality issues.

Any manufacturer can sell a lot of trucks. Or cars.

Any media site can spin numbers too, so...buy what you want! Yeesh.

ShinerBrock posted from the Focus2Move site Worlds best selling Vehicles
Copyright

Let us to remember to all the several global media and bloggers feeding from our articles for their publications, to quote and link us to not infringe our copyright and respect our job on collecting so many data. Thanks!

Below, you can sort our interactive tables to see data regarding Models. Please bear in mind that sales data are subject to adjustments as sources will update their information. This report is updated at the publishing date and will not be modified while the next on this subject will always have the year to date data updated.

Show entriesSearch:
Ran 2017 Rank 2016 Best Sales 2017 Sales 2016 Var 2017
1 1 Toyota Corolla 829.757 881.805 -5,9%
2 3 Ford F-Series 697.996 643.222 8,5%
3 2 Volkswagen Golf 573.957 626.992 -8,5%
4 10 Honda Civic 537.763 426.431 26,1%
5 7 Toyota RAV4 531.271 470.214 13,0%
6 4 Honda CR-V 503.156 498.992 0,8%
7 8 Volkswagen Polo 448.435 461.034 -2,7%
8 6 Ford Focus 440.842 481.569 -8,5%
9 23 Volkswagen Tiguan 439.163 306.713 43,2%
10 9 Toyota Camry 420.313 440.076 -4,5%Showing 1 to 10 of 100 entriesPreviousNext

(122139)

best cars in the world
best-selling cars
car ranking
Ford F-Series
Honda Civic
Honda CR-V
slider
toyota corolla
Toyota Rav 4
Volkswagen Golf
World
world best-selling cars
world car industry
world's car
In the spotlight

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Would it have been easier to have mentioned the small Corolla was the top selling Vehicle Globally. Then said the F150 was at No.2 as the best Pickup Globally. Hilux also made by Toyota was the best non US Pickup at 4th? Fairly painless

How do you know the Corolla was in the number one spot?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
didn't mention it for the same reason you didn't mention all the cars that outsold the Hilux. Because this thread is about trucks, not cars. The Corolla, like most of the cars in the top ten, are just cheap little economy cars and the only truck in the top ten is meant for a different purpose while costing 2-3 times more than those vehicles. But that is neither here nor there because the title of this thread is "Pick

Would it have been easier to have mentioned the small Corolla was the top selling Vehicle Globally. Then said the F150 was at No.2 as the best Pickup Globally. Hilux also made by Toyota was the best non US Pickup as the 4th best Pickup Globally Fairly painless

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Both GM and Ford alone will very easily each sell over 4 million pickups using the same details by 2025 each just here in "tiny" North America with having only 1/14th of the population of the rest of the world that does not live in North America. Annual pickup sales have averaged over 500,000 a year for both GM and Ford and there's approx 8 years of sales left till the 2025 year.

US is not adding Pickups at 39% per year..
No it will not be selling 4 million in 2025. no way.It is not a cumulative total but annual sales. They have stalled this year.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
DUH! Qoute:

"Mercedes Benz has predicted 2.8 million Pickups will be outside NA by 2025"

Posted by by Guess who of course!

Paltry by any common sense at best!

Both GM and Ford alone will very easily each sell over 4 million pickups using the same details by 2025 each just here in "tiny" North America with having only 1/14th of the population of the rest of the world that does not live in North America. Annual pickup sales have averaged over 500,000 a year for both GM and Ford and there's approx 8 years of sales left till the 2025 year.

Let's see? 2.8 million vehicles divided by the 13 times as many people left living outside of North America = 215,285/year in annual sales apples to apples sense both GM and Ford sell over 500,000 each annually in just that remaining 1/14th of the world's population!

Then add in the sales of the tail dragger FCA Ram sales, if they should still be in business by then which isn't very likely though, and pickup sales alone in North America alone more than dwarf Mercedes Benz sales over the same time period spread across the entire rest of the planet Earth countries population.

DUH! DUH! DUH!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
bikendan wrote:
Robert, the title of your thread is Pickup Truck sales.
you posted it in the Tow Vehicles section of the Forum.

why even bring up the Corolla, since it isn't a pickup nor is it capable as a tow vehicle for RVs.:h

Easy in the list provided by Shiner Brock, he mentioned the F150 was no 2, most popular Global vehicle but quite purposefully did not mention what was No.1

I didn't mention it for the same reason you didn't mention all the cars that outsold the Hilux. Because this thread is about trucks, not cars. The Corolla, like most of the cars in the top ten, are just cheap little economy cars and the only truck in the top ten is meant for a different purpose while costing 2-3 times more than those vehicles. But that is neither here nor there because the title of this thread is "Pickup Truck Sales Globally", not "Car Sales Globally".
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
MNGeeks61 wrote:
Ugh. There is a block feature which will be getting used shortly.

The thread's about trucks, one person was touting the hilux, then somehow it became about the corolla? Why is this so important?

click

Sure, call it "strange". But I somehow doubt that Ford would suddenly experience a drastic downturn, so...

clickthistoo

It's great that they sell a lot. That makes no difference to me, and doesn't address any quality issues.

Any manufacturer can sell a lot of trucks. Or cars.

Any media site can spin numbers too, so...buy what you want! Yeesh.

And when the media site spins numbers without out identifying its source and description of sale, it is even worse.

Not all countries have delivery reporting like US and Canada. Some count the wholesale sale, some count the number of imported vehicles, and some count the first vehicle registration.

So without knowing the source, and their source, this is all media spin.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS