cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

portable storage shed

bamaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi friends I live in my Coleman lantern 32 ft full time and need a storage shed to go with it. Something big enough to put a freezer in. I may move to a different state in about 6 months so it needs to be easily disassembled. I tried a large fabric one but the wind ripped it apart. I'm thinking something plastic that doesn't need a plywood base just for ease of moving.

Any advice appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
We went with a small enclosed utility trailer.

Found it on craigslist, so no more expensive than a shed but when we move, it's easy to just hook it up and pull it to the new location.
This would be my suggestion as well. If your worried about trailer theft pull the tires off and put them in the trailer.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
buy a small used cargo trailer
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

bamaboy
Explorer
Explorer
That's a great idea. I didn't think about looking on craigslist.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
We went with a small enclosed utility trailer.

Found it on craigslist, so no more expensive than a shed but when we move, it's easy to just hook it up and pull it to the new location.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bamaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I got to looking at the metal one and the assembly is too intense. The rubbermaids are a little pricey but much easier to assemble and disassemble. Guess that's the winner.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Itchey Feet wrote:
Your best bet may be an enclosed trailer to store things in then it can be towed to any site or state you prefer.

This ^^ = portable storage shed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 7x7 Rubbermaid Roughneck shed at our seasonal site. We have the one pictured on the home page. Our Destination Trailer has no outside storage, except under the bed. That storage is large, but only accessible by a small door.

It's not the most portable; the box it comes in will fill a standard bed of a pickup, but it can be put together in a couple hours (I put mine together by myself) and taken down even quicker. We have ours on a platform, but as long as the ground is flat and level it will work on bare ground. Doesn't require anything more than normal hand tools. Rubbermaid does make smaller versions that would be more portable and still be large enough for a freezer.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience rubber sheds arenโ€™t built for disassembling, moving and reassembling.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bamaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I went to look at Rubbermaid and it also showed me a galvanized metal shed for half the price. Done deal.

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
Your best bet may be an enclosed trailer to store things in then it can be towed to any site or state you prefer.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Rubbermaid.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch