cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane gas sensor

Socom
Explorer
Explorer
When travel trailer is plugged into service, no propane on rig at all. The sensor for gas inside rig keeps going off every 2-3 mins. I hit test button it stops and will go off again. Again there is no gas hooked up to this rig right now. It is hard wired into rig. Do these go bad and time to replace or is there another issue I'm unaware of?
7 REPLIES 7

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
They beep if power is low, so make sure it has full 12V power. If it does and still beeps periodically, it has reached the end of its service life.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
In our last TT we got an alarm at about 2:00am. We vacated and ventilated the TT. I found out about the low voltage issue and avoided the need to replace the alarm. Wife was not happy about going out to the truck when it was 20 degrees outside. After I convinced her that cold was better than dead and permenantly room temperature she mellowed out.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They time out or "go bad" after 5 years.
I'm trying a little experiment with our latest trailer. I'm disconnecting the detector during the winter. I want to see if I can make it last nearly twice as long.

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Also, if the voltage is low it will beep.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

Socom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you good to know

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Bad sensor. Buy a new one.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, they go bad.
On back of the sensor should have manf. date.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker