Explorer

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
23 REPLIES 23

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ShinerBock wrote:
I see this kind of stuff all the time down I-35 and all of the other corridors going to Mexico. Heck, I have even seen sedans pulling half tons behind them.

Never seen one get stopped by the law yet people here will say you will get stopped by the law if you put 3k lbs on the back of a 3/4 ton diesel.

Yeah I 25 and I 10 are famous for these trains too, from our days in Phx and Albq.
Once in a while youโ€™d see double flat tow setups. A ragged out Silverado pulling something else with a trailer hitch pulling something else. Usually with the front bumpers in the back seats!

But by rvnet standards, Iโ€™m supposedly committing a class A felony when I leave the driveway with my camper.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

meesda
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone send us a video when he is backing up this unit:E
And get FLT to do the Ike Gauntlet.
Dant
2006 Cruiser CF29BT
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 6.0

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I see this kind of stuff all the time down I-35 and all of the other corridors going to Mexico. Heck, I have even seen sedans pulling half tons behind them.

Never seen one get stopped by the law yet people here will say you will get stopped by the law if you put 3k lbs on the back of a 3/4 ton diesel.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Double, triple, quadruple, superuple, as this famous statement said, โ€œat this point what difference does it makeโ€. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2oldman wrote:
I see 3 things being pulled, not 4.

Naw, you get to claim 4 if you have your other truck on a dolly BEHIND a TT, With a trailer hooked to the toad!! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Most states he would be over length as well. I know KS has made people over length drop whats towed to bring it into compliance. It looks like this guy would have to make a few trips. I wonder about brakes as well.
I beleive that would be classified as a triple tow.

I see a lot of semi's towing two trailers now days as well.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
And everybody wonders why the traffic death toll is so high in this country??
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
riven1950 wrote:
Reminds me of the days when we used to tow a broken down vehicle with a chain or tow strap ( short distance ). Requires some coordination. Then we progressed to using a pipe in the line to keep vehicles from colliding.:R

LOL and the arguments about how long to hook the chain; Some wanted lots of space, give more room to stop. I preferred just enough distance to have room to turn. Sudden stop, might bump, but both close to same speed not a hard hit.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's the problem? Seems like he is not being pulled over by a LEO and not a flame ball on the side of the road either??

Sure, I do see some wild stuff out there too with various "RV's".. But, most of the things on the side of the road all crashed up are regular passenger vehicles and Semi's... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
Six different license plates needed, when the bike is taken off the trailer.

That tow dolly doesn't need a license plate in a number of states.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Six different license plates needed, when the bike is taken off the trailer.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of the days when we used to tow a broken down vehicle with a chain or tow strap ( short distance ). Requires some coordination. Then we progressed to using a pipe in the line to keep vehicles from colliding.:R

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
When you absolutely have to take everything with you, but, where's the boat?

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't try to enlarge the photo, but it looks like a flat R/R on the tow vehicle. JDC1, i don't think you're alone, I think there a lot of states you wouldn't get very far with that.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund