cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about Power Inverter issue

krazymatt
Explorer
Explorer
Hello so I've owned several different TTs and a 5th wheel so I'm pretty well educated on most of the functionality of different RVs. My cousin recently bought a used Keystone Springdale TT and the previous owner only used it for work camping on RV sites so he was running it without a battery. Once my cousin put a battery and we went dry camping the battery died and wouldnt charge with a generator and we noticed the 40 amp fuses in the inverter were burned out. My question is when someone doesn't use the battery does one have to run a wire from the inverter so it will charge? I never knew you could use an RV with no battery. I hope the PO didn't damage anything by not running a battery. Thanks for any input.
New Mexico
2018 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4
5 REPLIES 5

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely cousin put the battery in backward. White is negative ground, Black is positive (usually)

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
The 40A fuses in the converter were probably blown because the battery cables were installed backwards. Their function is to protect the converter. Check to see what color battery wire goes to chassis ground and install that on the battery negative post. The other one is positive. Your converter, if not already damaged, should then charge your battery when the trailer is connected to 120V AC shore power.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Did you replace the blown fuses?
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

krazymatt
Explorer