cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ram truck forum

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
look at buying a Ram for my next ruck and want to get a history of the brand before purchase so I'm trying to find the best forum for info specific to ram. Diesplace is the go to for GM products what's the equivalent for Ram?
70 REPLIES 70

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
DirtyOil wrote:
mines a 2013 3500 shortie 4x4 with the 68 tranny... 2 winters ago I made 6 round trips from Topeka, IN to Prince George, BC (2400 miles one way)among other trips, transporting RVs, she's deleted no issues... I did install new u-joints on rear axle 210,000 miles at the time (lots of hauling highway and oil field roads).

Did you ever have to replace the front drive shaft u-joints as well? Just wondering on what I have to look forward to on my 2014.

Not yet as it only turns when four wheel drive is selected, changed it twice on the 2005 despite greasing it!
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
OP... also try Diesel Truck Resource.

a bunch of great guys, I have been on there for 8 years and it is a rare thing to hear a smart mouthed know it all on that forum.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
DirtyOil wrote:
mines a 2013 3500 shortie 4x4 with the 68 tranny... 2 winters ago I made 6 round trips from Topeka, IN to Prince George, BC (2400 miles one way)among other trips, transporting RVs, she's deleted no issues... I did install new u-joints on rear axle 210,000 miles at the time (lots of hauling highway and oil field roads).

Did you ever have to replace the front drive shaft u-joints as well? Just wondering on what I have to look forward to on my 2014.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

cpu266
Explorer
Explorer
for what it is worth I have a 2014 RAM 3500 Larmine limited Long Bed dually, 4.10 rear end and Asian Trans. Got it Aug of 14 and have 64,000 miles on it. only keep the fuel tank full, change oil and oil filter and fuel filters. Runs and Pulls 10,000 lbs trailer without a problem.

Before the Ram I had a Ford F250 with v10 - struggled to pull trailer. Retired it with 210,000 miles on it.

I believe most problems with reliability happen to poor maintenance and deletes.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Oh my goodness guys... this is the second thread that has derailed into a pissing contest. Can you start your own thread and post measurements on that and keep the rest of the threads on track...?

And it probably won't be the last as long as he keeps spewing anti-US rhetoric and false claims.

Although, many of my own threads go off track many times here, but you won't hear me complaining about it. I just move on and don't even bother going into the thread just like I haven't gone into my Digging Into the Timeless Question, โ€œWhich Oil is Better?โ€ thread since it got derailed between two people. Not complaining though, it happens. I just move along and hit the back button if I don't feel like contributing or being apart of the debate. And if it is just a pissing match between two people then I just let them have at it because I know I have been in my fair share.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
kw/00 wrote:
Topic has got so far off course it just needs shut down. ...

No doubt!

Hey guys, get out of the house more!
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Topic has got so far off course it just needs shut down. To the OP good choice in researching out the truck prior purchase. I can tell you my parents have an 2011 Ram 3500 diesel and the only issue thus far was the Ac went out and was an expensive fix and they had an computer issue that would not let the truck regen at one time. Filter had to be cleaned and the computer had been updated. After that no issues. Good luck on your search.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh my goodness guys... this is the second thread that has derailed into a pissing contest. Can you start your own thread and post measurements on that and keep the rest of the threads on track...?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

How about doing the same. I posted a simple post about someone using a Japanese Truck to tow a Caravan. You just posted reams on what a silly idea it is. Crazy stuff

You talking about this thread?

Unusual Tow Vehicle

Please show me where I said it was silly or crazy stuff?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
:S
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

You are totally paranoid.,

I am not paranoid, Robert. Other people have also commented on how your posted are generally passive aggressive jabs toward the US and North America. They are either pointing out how someone else is better than the US at something, how someone has what the US doesn't have, how someone doesn't want something of from the US, and so on.

Just stop. You should be enjoying talking about trucks and not trying to throw dirt on other people's country every chance you get with false info.

How about doing the same. I posted a simple post about someone using a Japanese Truck to tow a Caravan. You just posted reams on what a silly idea it is. Crazy stuff

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

You are totally paranoid.,

I am not paranoid, Robert. Other people have also commented on how your posted are generally passive aggressive jabs toward the US and North America. They are either pointing out how someone else is better than the US at something, how someone has what the US doesn't have, how someone doesn't want something of from the US, and so on.

Just stop. You should be enjoying talking about trucks and not trying to throw dirt on other people's country every chance you get with false info.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
I will keep responding and correcting every false anti-US post you make until the day you stop or I am banned from the forum.

Just enjoy conversing with people and stop with the anti-American BS trying to say the the US is worse than the world or that someone else does something better than the US at every chance you get. And for crying out loud, if you are going to post then at least try to have it with truthful information that you can back up.

You are totally paranoid., You are an aggressive individual that seems to take on ANYONE from outside the US when losing a discussion you resort too a "shoot the messenger approach"