cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rancho Shocks Replacement

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Seems the rancho shocks on my 2005 F350 need to be replaced. I put them on in 2007/8. anyone ever used the warranty they have? Ive not been able to find the info on how that works and im still trying to figure out who I bought them from.

If I cant get ranchos at some kind of discount any recommendation on what put on? I have a lance 1010 that I carry. Its about 3000#. I have no choice but to replace the ranchos (failed inspection) the question is what to replace them with?
John M
8 REPLIES 8

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
talked to Sams off road last night. They are sending a new set to me. I then send the old ones back. WE shall see how it works out.
John M

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
I had Rancho 9000 on my 89 Chevy 3500 dually crewcab 4x4 and they all leaked before I sold it in 2010. I just put Bilstien 4600 on my Ram 3500 megacab 4x4. Big improvement over the OEMs. Better ride towing our Keystone Alpine 39 footer. Have friends with Bilstiens and they love them too.

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
JohnJM, thanks. It makes me wonder what shocks have to do with safety. But, I wonder about lots of things.

steering, they check all the stuff dealing with steering etc. Hell they can fail you for too much rust (like holes in the frame)

The guy doing the inspection has worked on all our cars for years he is a pretty straight shooter. Especially since he knows ill do this work myself (its simple) so he has nothing to gain.
John M

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
narcodog wrote:
I have replaced one of mine several years ago. I had purchased them from Summit Racing. I had to return the broken shock after they sent the new one. Easy...

im hoping the wife can find the original receipt. I called Summitt where I thought I got them. They found the set I bought in 2002 for another truck. SO I must have gotten these somewhere else. Im fine sending them back but that can get really pricey.
John M

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
JohnJM, thanks. It makes me wonder what shocks have to do with safety. But, I wonder about lots of things.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have replaced one of mine several years ago. I had purchased them from Summit Racing. I had to return the broken shock after they sent the new one. Easy...

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
I can't help with your question, but I am curious as to your comment "failed inspection". What inspection?

Wayne

In PA we have a safety inspection. They didn't pass this time. We also have emission inspection but since I have a diesel truck its not subject to that.

btw I saw on the Rancho site they are running the buy 4, get the price of one back. Same as the old buy 3 get 1 free deal they used to run. It ends 10/31/15
John M

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help with your question, but I am curious as to your comment "failed inspection". What inspection?

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke