cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement exterior storage latches longer than 1 1/8"?

CincyTriGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm the new owner of a 2008 R-Vision Trail-Lite Crossover TT. The exterior storage compartment doors each have 1 latch and 1 lock. They're both pretty loose and in need of replacement. I bought a 1 1/8" latch and lock on Amazon and swapped them out, but they're not quite long enough. I have to push and hold the door closed extremely hard while turning the latch in order for the latch to catch. And I had to swap the offset latches from the old mechanisms to even get them to close at all. When I attempted to use the offset latches that came with the new mechanisms I bought, they weren't even close to being long enough.

So is anyone aware of latch and lock mechanisms that are longer than 1 1/8"?
4 REPLIES 4

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
A good hardware or big box building supply store will have a selection of latches with various barrel lengths.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look at the little arm, they have slightly offset ones that adds almost a 1/4 inch to lock over the straight one.
They do have 1 3/8 locks, but that maybe too long. RV locks Note different "arms"

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Looking through Amazon, I saw 1 1/4โ€ and 1 3/8โ€ cam locks.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced all of mine with ones from RV Locks and More they have many sizes and can be keyed alike.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C