cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement steps

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
My factory steps had the carriage bolt pull through the floor the other day.

I'm thinking of going to the Mor/ride Step above, or the Lippert version. Any one Had any issues with either one of these? I know they will be in the way if I just want to toss something in the door.

I really don't want to tear into the floor to fix the carriage bolt. With my big butt, there is just to much leverage on that first test.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
9 REPLIES 9

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Barney, for your assistance. I've had 3 SunnyBrook trailers and enjoyed them all. Retired the last 2 from hail damage and getting rear-ended.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm gonna stop by a dealer and look at the steps and mess with them. I've only seen them online.

Next trip, I'll probably do like I ended up doing this trip, and putting the truck jack under the steps 🙂
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is your picture. 🙂

I used this site to post it. Very easy!
1. Upload your picture to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL
3. Paste that URl into your post without making any changes - no additions, and no deletions.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
I used Lynnmor's suggestion when my Forest River step bolt pulled through the floor. I added a 1/8" x 4" x 8" steel plate above the floor (covered by an entry rug anyway). I drilled from above down through the floor on through the step mounting about 1" inboard of the original screw. This was the 3rd attempt as my first 2 efforts were insufficient. This has worked very well for a few years now and inexpensive. I'll post a picture as soon as I get that process figured out.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Since the steps you are considering screw down thru a plate on the floor, why not just install a plate that supports the current steps?

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We got the 3 step MORryde version and they are great. We didn’t use their handrail. It was in the way and the foldout one on the TT worked better for the 2 or 3 step model.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have steps that you set on top of the original steps. The top hooks onto the top steps and go out several ft further than the original steps. I think they have 6 or eight steps. Much easier to climb up and down
samsontdog:o:W

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Double post
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Checkout the Torklift Glowsteps. They fold up into the original step location and are as solid as the Step Above without blocking your door and getting dirt dumped into the RV.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian