cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Microwave

atrerice
Explorer
Explorer
The original Dometic microwave started malfunctioning towards the end of last season and now, the keypad is completely erratic when you push the buttons. Rather than purchase an RV type microwave with the trim pieces, I purchased a standard home tabletop microwave that fits the opening. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fasten it down so it doesn't bounce around while underway?
8 REPLIES 8

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
FPS all right angle brackets work too with sheet metal screws. You can get rv microwaves with kits pretty in expensive online.
Winnebago Access 24V

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
schlep1967 wrote:
I know many have done it and not had problems, but... check where the vents are on your new counter top microwave. Make sure you have proper ventilation for those vents.

X2

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know many have done it and not had problems, but... check where the vents are on your new counter top microwave. Make sure you have proper ventilation for those vents.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Starcraft with a Dometic microwave that failed. I replaced it with an LG from Best Buy. I was able to adapt the mounts from the Dometic to work with the LG microwave and it fit like it was factory installed.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Velcro. You may have to silicone something under the bottom of the microwave to get enough flat surface, but, it'll work GREAT.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Neighbor Microwave went bad. We were able to use trim from the old one.
Perforated pipe strapping works. Nylon strapping from tie downs could be better to tighten more with a little stretch.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
mine just sits in the hole ,has a little ledge out front about 1/2 tall. you could put just a dap of silacone under each ft. mines 12years old never moves.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Look at something similar to earthquake water heater straps. Smaller situation but similar design. I replaced my original with one from Walmart under the cabinet and it worked fine. But since you opted for a table top version, youโ€™ll have to screw down something to hold it. Good luck