cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing water faucet

GULFMAN
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Bigfoot. It came with a twin plastic sink and plastic water faucet. The water faucet has been always hard to turn.
Got to thinking about just going to Lowes and getting a nice replacement.So i got a flashlight and looked up under the counter top not much room back in there and kind of a long reach. Has anyone replaced theirs that can give some pointers or is there a way to just loosen up the original faucet.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
For bathroom sink I installed thermostat-controlled faucet from China.
The best modification on camper to date.
Have pictorial in TT section.

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced the faucet in my Lance with a Moen from HD, it came with the wrench to tighten the nuts.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
some times its a lot easier to pull the sink ,then all you got are the supply lines to hook up. each one is a beast of its own.

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
I had to remove the fresh water filler and reach the hot water line from outside the camper.

They certainly pack everything in there tight.
Camp Host, from the other side.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The cheap plastic RV faucets don't have cartridges. I've occasionally considered replacing mine, and if I did, I would probably pull the whole sink right out of the cabinet to replace the faucet.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Beg, borrow or steal a basin wrench. :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I kept it simple by replacing the cartridge. Works better than it ever did now. Went to Ace hardware with the cartridge in hand and matched it up. I think removing the cartridge and just cleaning the O rings and rinsing out sediment can help a lot.

Remove the handle and then you will see the retaining nut on top. Unscrew retaining nut and the cartridge will slide right out. Make sure no residual water pressure before attempting this fixit.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
mine was in a Wolf Creek. It was a standard 2 hole faucet, on mine everything was a direct replacement with one that has a single wand for a valve. I think it was a Moen, cost just under $60.00
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.