cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rotella T6 5w-40 hard to find

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else having a hard time finding this oil? seems like no one here one CNY has it and pricing is from 20 bucks (sale) to 30 bucks/gal. Some places have 2.5 gal size for darn near the price of 3 gallons. Check online and prices are even worse. So was wondering if other folks are having the same issue and is it just this brand??

Have a oil change coming up and if I cannot get the Rotella, what are others using in the 6.7 Powerstroke? I know there is Delo or if need be Amzoil. Will say that even before this Covid thing, the Rotella was hard to come by.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
14 REPLIES 14

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I use T6 in my tractors. I always order from WalMart and it's delivered to my front door.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Shell is constantly having sales and aggressive rebates on their products. I must admit I fell for it. Every time they'd offer the $20 rebate on a 5 gallon of T4 lately, I'd buy a bucket or two. Now I have a lifetime supply.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always keep extra stock of Mobile 1 full synthetic on hand for my three Dodge Ram trucks and check the store shelves frequently. Also extra supply of mobile or Mopar oil filters just in case. The two older trucks are for spares backup and remote BLM rugged land camping, fishing, etc. Insurance is cheap and they work great. Over 30 years with USAA my boy.

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
I ran into this problem last week for my Ram.
Wally World and Tractor Supply had no 10w30.
Found T5 at Car Quest and 2 gal of 10w30 at Autozone.
I did see T6 5w40 at West Marine but they are pricey on everything.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
walmart online
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has a 55 gal drum of T6 synthetic for $1457 plus $75 for delivery. Works out to be about $28 a gallon. That should last you a while.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I run the recommended Motorcraft in all my vehicles; gas and diesel.

I keep a stock on hand and am able to buy at better prices. I have: 2 gallons of 5/20; 7.5 gallons of 10/30; 11.25 gallons of 15/40 and various other weights. I also keep a ready supply of oil filters and air filters on hand.

I take the opportunity during my traveling to buy where I get the better price. I bought all Walmart had of the Motorcraft 10/30 in two different stores on my last trip. Got it before the price increase.

Speaking of price increase my wife was in a Dollar Tree today and all items were $1.25 each.

Stock up, prices are going to go higher and supply is going to be even less.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I order mine from Amazon.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered rotella t5(instead of t6) 10w30 2.5 gallon from Walmart online, to be delivered in two days, after a couple inquires about why it was late, two weeks later I cancelled the order, then I found it at Advance Auto (I had to check inventory online to find a store that stocked it) for $54.99, this is for my F350 6.7.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I had the same experience when looking for Rotella T6 5w-40 a few weeks ago myself. Even less selection at Samโ€™s Club.

I never did find it, but there is a full synthetic T6 15w-40 that meets the FORD WSS-M2C171-F1 spec, and at least around my area is more available. Personally, Iโ€™d rather use a full-syn 15w-40 than a conventional or syn-blend 10w-30, which is the โ€œregular serviceโ€ oil recommended for the 6.7. I donโ€™t experience the extreme low temps in my area that you may in yours.

If youโ€™re wanting to stick with an approved 5w-40 oil, all of the oils of that type listed on this sheet meet the Ford spec.

DIESEL MOTOR OILS MEETING FORD WSS-M2C171-F1

:):)

:R Letโ€™s Go Girls! ๐Ÿ˜›
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Lance 1121-Two Awnings, Slide topper, 3.6 kw Gen, Trimetric Batt. Monitor, 1500W Inverter, 40A Redarc DC-DC charger. 2016 F450 6.7 PSD.
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The supply chain will come around. Patience! 5w40 is available from others.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It appears to be just this brand. They've been running it on sale here and people are buying it up. Couple weeks and it should be back to normal. Of course it appears if something is rumored to be scarce, it just flat disappears. People are just stoopid.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check your local WalMart's. One mat not have it, but others may.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you havenโ€™t noticed, or watched the news, or been out in society, everyone is having this problem. And not just with your favorite brand of oil.
Weโ€™re starting to slip from being a first world country the way the supply chain is goingโ€ฆ.
I bought a few gallons of T6 at the Vato Zone a couple weeks ago for $22/gal if I remember correctly. But I use it sparingly so that will last me all winter in my Snowbike.
I still run the cheap chit in my ole Dodge.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold