cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rv TV

WindyCity
Explorer
Explorer
Brand new travel trailer owner and looking to purchase a TV and mount. We may rent the trailer and I wanted to know if there are any suggestions such a roku tv or using an Amazon firestick. Any suggestions or insights are appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
teejaywhy wrote:
The OP isn't asking advice about renting, they are asking about a TV.

Answer - pretty much every TV made has USB inputs to which you can connect a Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV etc, etc.

Just find the size TV that fits the space and shop. As far as brands, really they're all the same.

So why did he bring it up....asking for a friend. 🙂

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
My mailman rents his trailer out A LOT.
He thinks is great because it’s paying the payment. I asked him about wear and tear and he replied “hmm never thought about that.”

I bought my camper’s because I don’t like sleeping in some else’s bed….

I told him he owns a REAL motel……
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
The OP isn't asking advice about renting, they are asking about a TV.

Answer - pretty much every TV made has USB inputs to which you can connect a Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV etc, etc.

Just find the size TV that fits the space and shop. As far as brands, really they're all the same.
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
klutchdust wrote:
Maybe post a thread asking others.." ever rent out your trailer" that would be amusing.
Plenty of archive posts.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
you just bought a new TT and are planning on renting it out?
a bad idea
bumpy

x3 don't fall for the idea that it can make money and is available to you whenever you need it. Maintenance on a TT is non stop. each trip I have notes in my book of items that need attention. Sometimes as simple as just tighten or adjust. Renters do not care regardless of what you have in writing. Maybe post a thread asking others.." ever rent out your trailer" that would be amusing.
Personally, I would not loan or rent out my equipment even to people I know much less strangers.

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
My employer doesn't like me to disconnected and sends a mobile hotspot with me when I travel. I use it for work and to stream to a smart tv. Works good.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Let the renter get his own tv.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
a bad idea
bumpy
X2 Non commercial rentals are marginal at best. IMHO

Install a TV antenna and TV cable connection.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a bad idea
bumpy

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
I've had great success with Morryde TV mounts. They're well built and come in all kinds of formats. The only issue I have is they never seem to come with all of the hardware that they should, but a quick phone call to their customer service takes care of that.

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
As for Roku or a firestick they require wifi and most parks the wifi is poor or weak and won't support streaming. Many park rules say no streaming. We just use DVDs.
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition