Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

S & S Manufaturing ?

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening,
I came across S & S Truck Campers on-line doing a search for new or Different Truck Camper Manufactures, other than the big name Manufactures.
Is S & S Manufacturing still in business. I read through their Ponderosa 9.5FBSC and Bitterroot 9SC campers, floor plans and feature/options, and like what i read. They look well built maybe a little heavy, depending on which model you get.
I read through some older threads here in 2012 saying they were ceasing manufacturing for the time being but still building for the military.
Is there any other news about S & S.
Thanks,
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992
15 REPLIES 15

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
bb_94401 wrote:
Stopped by today to buy some parts. They are open Tuesday - Saturday until 5 pm (mountain time). They are still making TCs.

Thank you for the update, they are on my top 5 TC list.
Scott

bb_94401
Explorer
Explorer
Stopped by today to buy some parts. They are open Tuesday - Saturday until 5 pm (mountain time). They are still making TCs.
'05 Ram 3500, 4x4, DRW, LB, 6spd man, CTD, PRXB exhaust brake, Roadmaster bar

'01 Corsair 10'8" - 4,200 lbs., Xantrex XADC 80A, Link 20, 4-Lifeline GPL-4CT, PowerGate Isolater, 2 AWG wire, PI 30A EMS, 2 Honda EU2000i, parallel kit, ext. duration tank.

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped at their place in Kalispell two years back to buy a tie down turnbuckle. They have a real nice RV parts store setting beside where they build the new campers. They had half a dozen new TCs setting out front by the road.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was also visited S&S last summer and actually had some repair work done on one of my Northstar happijacks. They really helped me. I was in Glacier when I damaged my jack. They had a new motor within 48 hrs and very promptly completed the repair. I am not sure they are doing any builds. There were a couple of campers in the parking lot, but the shop was empty except for a small repair area at the back of the store. It looked like there were maybe 3 or 4 employees working that day and only one was working in the shop. I think I was the only repair customer for the day. I think they built good units so it was sad to see another casualty of our bad economy.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You all for the replies,
S & S is on my shot list of campers as long as they keep selling campers.
I have to get moved of the Islands in a few years. Looks like i will be in either Wyoming or South Dakota.

MERC225
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We have a 2008 9.5FBSC and we love it. It is a bit heavy, but not too bad. It is really insulated well and has nicely built REAL wood cabinetry. S&S runs a class act and are wonderful to deal with. I hope they continue to build campers as they are well built quality units with a great non-slide layout.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad cab long box, 5.7 Hemi, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Rancho MyRide system, Supersprings, Roadmaster rear sway bar.
2008 S&S 9.5 FBSC camper

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
We certainly loved our 2003 8.5SC when we had it on our GMC2500. We put a LOT of nights in it and sold it for a good price. It held its value well.

We were talking a little about S&S at the expo, and I had thought they were not making them right now; glad to be corrected.
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Yup.........there HEAVY. My 1990 11 SCB scales at 4000lbs ready to camp.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

GalinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
We own and S&S 2005 9.5 Ponderosa. Love it, but it is heavy. Very well built and insulated, we've never been too cold in it. Lots of clever storage. Got it used in AZ, they hold up well, check around.
GalinAZ
2011 Thor Majestic Class C 23A
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport toad

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
They've narrowed down their models to just one, the Ponderosa, but are still in business. Great product. Well built but heavy.

Thank you for the reply.
Good to know they are in still in business.
Yes the Ponderosa looks heavy. Defiantly Dually Territory
with these campers.
Scott

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
MTRhino wrote:
I was at S&S in Kalispell MT last July and they were definately still in business. I think they have gone more to building campers on custom order basis, you order and they will build to suit with a laundry list of available options. They did have a new 9.6 and a new 8.6, both with slides sitting on the lot. I asked about a non-slide 9.6 and was told they would build one if I ordered it. I was about to order one when I found our barely used 9.6 Bigfoot.

Thank you for the reply.
Good to know they are still in business. I will keep them on my list to check out and go visit.
Scott

MTRhino
Explorer
Explorer
I was at S&S in Kalispell MT last July and they were definately still in business. I think they have gone more to building campers on custom order basis, you order and they will build to suit with a laundry list of available options. They did have a new 9.6 and a new 8.6, both with slides sitting on the lot. I asked about a non-slide 9.6 and was told they would build one if I ordered it. I was about to order one when I found our barely used 9.6 Bigfoot.
Central Montana
66 Jeep CJ5 (toy)
97 Glastron GS205 inboard boat (toy)
03 Bigfoot 25C9.6 truck camper(toybox)
06 PJ car trailer (toy hauler)
10 Chev 3500 ext-cab longbox (toy hauler)
11 Polaris RZR (toy)
12 Beta 450RR dualsport motorcycle (toy)
Next toy = :h

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
They used to have a great floor plan for a nonslide model with an extra long dinette and very open. Based on the floorplans they have posted now for the 3 lengths they make, they don't have it anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ž

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
They've narrowed down their models to just one, the Ponderosa, but are still in business. Great product. Well built but heavy.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8