cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sell RV with or without truck?

Poodlemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, guys. My wife and I are selling our RV and will also be getting rid of our TV. Is it typically best to sell them together since truck has tiedowns superhitch and extension already installed?
15 REPLIES 15

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Is there really a difference? Put the stuff up for sale. Put some caveats in the add and see what happens.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Around here used dually trucks have high resale value. I would sell as separates. To maximize $.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Last Summer I sold my truck and slide in camper. What I did was listed them as a package deal with prices for the truck and camper separately. But stated I would only sell the truck after the camper was sold and gone. I didn't want a camper that I could not move. Ended up selling them separately. Camper sold for asking price but I had to drop the price of the truck. It was a standard cab, 2wd, and manual transmission, the market is smaller for that combo. I didn't feel to bad because I bought the truck used at a big discount over what everyone else wanted. Ended up getting about what I wanted for the package but selling in pieces.

We sold because my wife was having trouble with the overhead bed, bad knees. We now have a class B.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Poodlemaster wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Poodlemaster wrote:
Hi, guys. My wife and I are selling our RV and will also be getting rid of our TV.

Since you refer to it as a Tow Vehicle, I am assuming you have a towable, and not a truck camper.... which means you posted in the wrong section.

Sell them seperate

I donโ€™t remember typing that. Would a forum moderator have done that thinking I was advertising the setup?

Yes probably, because your thread is an advertisement that your selling.
(Thankyou Mr. Moderator).

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
zulu52 wrote:
Someone edited your post.Zulu

Yep. The original post said it was edited by a moderator. Not sure why a moderator would re-word a post.

Brad and Wayne never did that from what I recall

The original post listed specifics about the rig. It was considered to be advertising therefore against forum rules. There was a compliant via theNotify Moderator button as well. I guess we could have just deleted the thread, but instead it was edited to leave the question intact and comply with forums rules.

You're welcome.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
zulu52 wrote:
Someone edited your post.Zulu

Yep. The original post said it was edited by a moderator. Not sure why a moderator would re-word a post.

Brad and Wayne never did that from what I recall
Bob

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
Poodlemaster wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Poodlemaster wrote:
Hi, guys. My wife and I are selling our RV and will also be getting rid of our TV.

Since you refer to it as a Tow Vehicle, I am assuming you have a towable, and not a truck camper.... which means you posted in the wrong section.

Sell them seperate

I donโ€™t remember typing that. Would a forum moderator have done that thinking I was advertising the setup?

That's not what you said.
I think you said a 2019 for the camper and 2018 for the year of the truck. I remember thinking to myself why would someone sell something they just bought.

Someone edited your post.
Zulu

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Poodlemaster wrote:

Sell them seperate

tiedowns, extension hitch, ???
bumpy

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
I think just the opposite. You'll be leaving money on the table selling them as a package because you have a much smaller pool of buyers than you would for either the truck or the camper separately, AND they will want a "package discount."

The odds of finding someone who wants your exact camper AND your exact truck are slim to none. You will only be able to get rid of it that way if you practically give it away.

X2
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would list camper first with truck also available in the ad. I would not really give a discount for a combined sale.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Poodlemaster
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Poodlemaster wrote:

Sell them seperate

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Poodlemaster wrote:

Sell them seperate
Bob

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No, Iโ€™d still put them up as a package deal and camper separately. Separate adds with โ€œcamper must sell before truck.โ€
Mkirsch is right, but it doesnโ€™t hurt to offer the package, you โ€œmayโ€ find the right person.
If you sell the camper, you can then sell the truck accessories separately and then the truck and minimize your losses.

Nice setup though! Sorry you have to get rid of it. What color is the truck and how much do you want for it? (You can pm me. Canโ€™t sell โ€œstuffโ€ here....)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think just the opposite. You'll be leaving money on the table selling them as a package because you have a much smaller pool of buyers than you would for either the truck or the camper separately, AND they will want a "package discount."

The odds of finding someone who wants your exact camper AND your exact truck are slim to none. You will only be able to get rid of it that way if you practically give it away.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.