cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Skyline RV forum

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if a Skyline travel trailer owners group/forum exists? Or if a Koala TT owners group/forum exists?
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch
63 REPLIES 63

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Wildheart61 wrote:
In reply to what is surmised to have happened to the Skyline RV manufacturing company, I found this partial press release from October of 2014:

EverGreen Recreational Vehicles has purchased the RV business and a manufacturing facility of Skyline Corporation, which has exited the RV business to concentrate on manufactured housing. The purchase was completed October 10, 2014.

And subsequently Evergreen went belly up @ 2016.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Wildheart61
Explorer
Explorer
In reply to what is surmised to have happened to the Skyline RV manufacturing company, I found this partial press release from October of 2014:

EverGreen Recreational Vehicles has purchased the RV business and a manufacturing facility of Skyline Corporation, which has exited the RV business to concentrate on manufactured housing. The purchase was completed October 10, 2014.
Fulltime Nomad since September 2018
2000 Skyline Nomad 261 LT (27 ft. Bunkhouse)

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
7 year old thread resurrected from the archive.

Seeing that Skyline sold out to Evergreen in 2014, who then went out of business in 2016, 7 years is about right. Evergreen took a mediocre product and morphed it into total junk. Fairly common course of action in the RV industry.

Sorry, I have to disagree. Our Skyline/Evergreen definitely isnโ€™t total junk and has been relatively trouble free for over 6 years. Itโ€™s been cross country twice and up and down the East coast many times. We average several thousand miles a year. It lives outside on a mountain.
A lot of folks on here just love to trash RVs. Perhaps another form of recreation would make them happier.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:

Seeing that Skyline sold out to Evergreen in 2014, who then went out of business in 2016, 7 years is about right. Evergreen took a mediocre product and morphed it into total junk. Fairly common course of action in the RV industry.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have a 2011 Skyline Nomad Joey 260. Been a pretty good trailer although starting to get some age related issues like awning fabric starting to rot and all the decals are peeling off. Probably upgrade in a year or two. I think Skyline went out of business a number years ago.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
They wonโ€™t have the weight police like we do here!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I recently inherited my parents all 1997 Layton skyline and started to remodel it. Just about everything new inside . I also rebuilt my front window cover with a sheet af shower plastic and a new sticker I had laying around. I havenโ€™t figured out how to attach photos to this site yet

1981_layton
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? I have a 1981 layton by skyline and I have the same front window covering like you do I believe

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
hi Mary...You've posted on a thread that started back in 2012 where members were looking for a Skyline forum so answers to your question may be very few.

Years ago I had a new 1984 Aljo by Skyline 26' 5th wheel trailer. The trailer had the usual dbl window in the overhead bdroom with a fiberglass protector cover. However the protector is generic with the industry so other brand TTs may have the same shield.
Many people may not respond to old threads like this one so it can work out better if you start a new thread for your question if no one responds on this old thread.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Wildheart61
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, new member here. I bought a 2000 Nomad 261 Lite TT and am looking to replace a broken bracket for the front window stone guard. Anyone know where I might find such a thing? Thanks!
Fulltime Nomad since September 2018
2000 Skyline Nomad 261 LT (27 ft. Bunkhouse)

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Not that I know of. You could start one yourself.
We are all just poor little orphans.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

1981_layton
Explorer
Explorer
I know this post is a really older one, but I just bought a 1981 layton by skyline bunkhouse travel trailer, I think it's about 23 or 24 feet long, my God, I couldn't believe how this trailer still looks really good for its age, the previous owner replaced a bunch of stuff, newer toilet, newer ac unit on the roof, newer copper pipes through out the trailer, when you walk inside it looks like the camper was barely even used at all, I hope there is somewhere that owners of skyline trailers have a group somewhere or would love to chat

DerekandSarah
Explorer
Explorer
Brand new proud parents of a 2014 Skyline Nomad 188B. As it is just my SO and myself and our puppo, it was everything we wanted in as small a package as we could find. And the season ending clearance discount which knocked the price down 38% helped make our decision!

Unfortunately, winter is already right around the corner up here. So we won't get a chance to experience our new TT for a few months. But after reading this thread, I am positive we made the right choice!