cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide not operating smoothly

Fishy_Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My 2010 trailer is on a permanent site. Noticed that when I retracted the front slide it did not move smoothly but rather a steady jerking movement.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thank you for any help you can provide me. I appreciate it.
5 REPLIES 5

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
We can help better if we know what type of slide drive system you have.

If you really do not know the type, and or better who made it, then take some pictures of the slide mechanical system and post.

The answers you get without this may not even apply to your slide.

If it happens to be a rack and pinion drive made by Lippert, I can help a good deal on those but no idea if that is what you have.

Give us some more info so we can help better.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
are you slides gear or cable. if cable they have a bad habit of eating through the rubber gromet and start eating into the metal walls, thus making the slides jump and moan when going in and out

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You don't say what slide system you have, or if it has always done this/just started now? Some slides have teeth/gears that can be dry lubed. You can make the rubber wipers more slippery with 303, or baby powder. I use protect-all on my slide end walls, including the windows and frames.

Is your battery fully charged? It takes more power to retract than to extend. Even if hooked to shore power, you need a strong battery. I leave the door open when retracting, as it seems to help to not be compressing the air, when making a larger space smaller.

Jerry

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keystone has a thread , your slide might be the same .

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-25135.html

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
lube the seals with dry lube