Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out roof

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,
The roof on my slide out is EPDM. It appears that the EPDM was not glued down with a permanent type glue as the seal on the trailer has 'stretched' it to a point where it has 'bubbled' up at the outer end of the slide out, and pulled it at roughly a 45 degree angle where it is attached to the inside edge of the slide out. You can work the extra EPDM towards the trailer to remove the bubbles, only a very little distance, perhaps 2" so it does have some sort of mastic holding it, or at least trying to...
I am not sure if it was designed this way as with it being stretched at an angle it would make it impossible for water to get in. (It has not bubbled a lot. I will get some pictures later today.

So, my first question, is that normal?

The slide apparently leaked at one time at the outer end where the roof deck attaches to the slides exterior wall and was attempted repair by using an Eternabond type tape that was applied incorrectly and was peeling up. "Goo Gone" seemed to be the best to remove the old residue from the tape. It cleaned up nicely and now time to correctly apply Eternabond, however the stretch and bubbles concerns me...

I have a few ideas on how to correct, but wanted to hear your opinions.
Thanks!
Inquiring minds want to know...
1 REPLY 1

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Your best option remove the slide strip all the old stuff and replace it with new.