cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller TT's with ducted air

ckg
Explorer
Explorer
We're shopping for our first tt. We've identified some desires, one of which makes our search a bit challenging and time consuming, so we're appealing to those in the know to help narrow the field. Due to budget, we've been focusing on pre-owned. Here are our criteria:

smallish, 18-22' or so, up to about 4,000 lbs
walk-around queen
dinette
off the floor fridge w. freezer
vent hood
and, here's the thing: ducted air. We're aware that this is not common, nor a necessity in a small trailer. It is due to the noise. We have experienced non-ducted, including our own in a tent trailer over many summers. Never got used to it. We live in Tx and will be using the a/c regularly. We realize that ducted make noise too...but less enough that we made this a priority.

We've done our fair share of internet research, but since this isn't a common search criteria, it's quite a task. And we'd like to have an inclusive list of what's out there to choose from, as we hope to enjoy our camper for a decade or more... Thank you to all who respond!
7 REPLIES 7

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rockwood 2109S.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Ducted air does not mean quieter.
In fact, there is a new inside cover for ducted a/c that is supposed to cut down the noise by at least half but extends below the ceiling by about 2 1/4 inches. I've ordered one but haven't installed it as yet.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Nash and Outdoors RV have ducted A/C

I have a Nash 17k, it has ducted A/C

The link in my signature goes to a video of it, I'm pretty sure I showed the A/C unit and where the vents are located.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
We had a Forest River Surveyor Sport that, at 25', met all your criteria. I think it was a 2013 model.

Rob
Part of the criteria is 18-22'.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a Forest River Surveyor Sport that, at 25', met all your criteria. I think it was a 2013 model.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
You NEED to be realistic in your requirements.......and it appears that at this point you are NOT.

A non-ducted unit can be very quiet with the fan on low.

Because one failed, I now have one ducted and one not in my A.
The sound level isn't that much different......because most of it comes from the INTAKE which is about the same on both.

Try not to shoot yourself in the foot here.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked RVTrader and then Googled the manufacturer’s brochure? Many Winnebagos have ducts and used TTs are available.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad