cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry to leave

ret_usn
Explorer
Explorer
I had my 80th birthday on 4/4 and a stroke on 4/12 so I have sold my camper. I was at the hosp.in 30 min and CT immediately to insure no brain bleed then the anti stroke meds 2 days in ICU to monitor bleeding and am fully recovered except finger tips on right hand are tingling and a small section of my lower lip is also. That is all I have left from a total right side stroke. God is good. I will still look around once and a while but I am done camping. Thanks for a good forum.
2004 R Vision Trail Lite
2003 F150 Super Crew
10 REPLIES 10

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Barney so sorry of you health issues. We have been truly blessed with your wisdom and knowledge. I have learned a lot by reading your remarks on this forum. I would hope you stick around and let us keep picking your brain. Thank you, and I hope your health keeps on improving.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
First off, Thank you for your service to our country. I'm glad you had no serious lasting affects from the stroke and you are doing well.
As mentioned earlier, I hope you stick around and offer your experience to the newbies that are still discovering the RV world.
I know that over the last 12 years I have learned so much from you guys and I have shared a lot of what I've learned with friends and strangers we've met at the campgrounds.
Best of luck for the next chapter.
John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that.
BUT.....
Your RVing experience is still valuable to the website. No reason to leave.
Just because the brain surgeon retires doesn't mean he lost all his knowledge and experience!
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear you recovered quickly from your stroke and will continue to enjoy life!
We also had to make the same decision for similar reasons, but like Barney S we will still be able to enjoy our rig parked in Florida. Now on to the next chapters of our lives!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes old friend
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Well somehow I messed that up, was just agreeing with Barney and op that God is good all the time.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
God is good
Barney

All the time!!
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Very glad to hear the positive outcomes for both of you.

ret usn, fair winds and following seas shipmate!

Barney, you have been a wealth of information, as well as font of wisdom, not to mention a great example of decorum.

You guys are perfect examples of what draws me here. Happy Camping!

Oh yeah, on edit: Barney, very nice ride!!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry you had to sell your camper due to your stroke. There is life after a stroke. I had a full left side stroke about 4 years ago about 5 in the morning. My wife recognized it immediately, gave me an aspirin to chew, and called 911. EMS was there in about 15 minutes and transported me to the hospital. By the time we arrived at the hospital, I was feeling normal. Dr. could find nothing wrong at all except brain scan showed a small area. There were no after effects at all. You are right. God is good!

I am 82 now and have given up traveling via RV but still use our rig at a family owned campground. Gave up because it was becoming too much effort to set up, take down etc. We have had many, many years traveling via RVs of different sorts and am thankful for the opportunities we have had. One side benefit of stopping traveling and pulling the trailer is that I no longer needed the big CTD truck in my signature. Now I tool around in a beautiful 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with the 5.7L Hemi and full air ride suspension. I love this truck almost as much as the last one! :B
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes for your full recovery and thank you for your Service to our country.

May you be Blessed with good health moving forward.