cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS Norcold issue

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn’t panic but pulling out for big wk end shortly.
Norcold issue which I posted in detail
under. “Technical issues”

Models N611v/N811V,
Isn’t cooling at all, lights green amber work accordingly
9 hours on ele no hint of cooling
7 REPLIES 7

rickhise wrote:
I wouldn’t panic but pulling out for big wk end shortly.
Norcold issue which I posted in detail
under. “Technical issues”

You actually posted in Forum Technical Support (FTS), which is reserved for "non" RV related Open Roads Forum website questions.

The thread can be referenced here, though is closed for comments.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was going to post in your 1st thread but with it being in the 'Forum Tech Section' it will end up getting deleted.....so posting here.

Most of this is based on what you posted over in Forum Tech

RV fridge PLUGS into an 120V AC outlet located IN the compartment where control module and burner for fridge are.......that lower vent cover is the ACCESS to backside of fridge

YES...when you swap from electric to gas you should be able to hear gas burner light off.

YOU have functioning panel lights and controls so the DC to fridge is ON

Verify that the 120V AC OUTLET is HOT....unplug fridge power cord and plug in a light, a drill motor ---something electrical and make sure outlet works.
If it doesn't then check AC Circuit Breakers and/or a GFCI that is tripped

IF outlet is good then you would need to check the 5A glass fuse on the control module in that outside compartment and see if it is blown
IF blown....replace electric heat element mounted in holder on the burner stack

IF not blown.......plug fridge in, Set back to auto and then within a few minutes place your hand over electric heat element area on stack and feel it getting warm/hot.
IF it isn't replace electric element

Just swapped to gas......
Remove burner sheet metal cover down low at burner area and see what the gas flame looks like.
S/B nice strong steady BLUE flame that just reaches up inside the bottom opening of the flue...centered

IF NOT.....need to clean burner tube/slots/orifice and probably the flue & flue baffle

HERE is a 'Service Manual' that covers your model---------READ it/USE it

It will help you better understand HOW your fridge works or doesn't & why not :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
After checking the outlet that its plugged into , i think the element is fused at the rear. It doesn't occur that often but the element can burn out. Thats the only 120v stuff i can think of in an RV fridge.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of trouble shooting videos out there. Try the google machine.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Pull the outside vent cover and look for any yellow residue on the pipes or back of the fridge. If you see any, STOP using the fridge, risk of fire.

Check inside your fridge to make sure the thermostat sensor isn't hanging loose or anything.

I am more familiar with the Dometics, YMMV.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
does it work running on gas ?

budwich
Explorer
Explorer
check to see that you are getting 110v at the fridge. The "green" likely only indicates that the controller is getting 12v for control but doesn't have any checks for 110v AC to operate the "heater". Could try gas operation as a check also.