cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spare Tire Bracket - broken - Jayco 1206

mwb521
Explorer
Explorer
I backed my PUP too far and spare tire compressed the bracket and it snapped at the weld. Any ideas of where I could find a replacement part or where I would go to get it repaired?
9 REPLIES 9

mwb521
Explorer
Explorer
Great ideas. Unfortunately, Iโ€™m not a welder or know one. But I like the idea of going to a muffler shop or looking online.

Thanks for the great ideas.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
do any of your friends or neighbors have a welder AND know how to weld? If thye do, a case of beer would probably result in a repair job just waiting to be wire brushed and painted.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Most muffler shops will weld something for you. I would take it and see if they can repair it.
A new bumper mount at ETrailer.com is in the $40 to $60 range.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
mwb521 wrote:
Any ideas of where I could find a replacement part or where I would go to get it repaired?

I agree, if ut was mine I would reweld it, but it doesn't sound like OP has a welder. It would be cheaper to buy a new one than pay someone to fix it.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
If somebody welded it once, somebody can weld again

That's what I did to mine when I found cracks. I just took it in the garage and fired up the arc welder. Three minutes later, it was all back together, better than new.

If it stress cracked from normal use, I might think of replacing it, but more likely repair/reinforce. But the OP said it broke from impact. Repair is a no-brainer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
JRscooby wrote:

That's what I did to mine when I found cracks. I just took it in the garage and fired up the arc welder. Three minutes later, it was all back together, better than new.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I buy from eTrailer. Fast service always, available by phone and free shipping if your order is high enough.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look here on eTrailer, they are relatively inexpensive.