cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spare tire cover

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
The thin vinyl spare tire cover that came on our trailer is showing signs of rot. The elastic band has stretched out of shape and the cover has only been removed once a year to check the air pressure. That means 2 times in it's life cycle. Can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I can order a better quality cover than the one that came with my trailer?
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
10 REPLIES 10

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a $15 cover for my Sidekick from Cabelas. Nothing fancy but it did last about 4 years.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:
The thin vinyl spare tire cover that came on our trailer is showing signs of rot. The elastic band has stretched out of shape and the cover has only been removed once a year to check the air pressure. That means 2 times in it's life cycle. Can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I can order a better quality cover than the one that came with my trailer?
We lost ours while driving back from North Carolina / Florida this past summer. I called the manufacture just to get a price on it, and they sent me a brand new one free of charge including the shipping which I was surprise.:B
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
They are a wear item, so I would just find the cheapest price and plan to swap in a new one every few years.

X2 ๐Ÿ˜‰

I went one step further with our previous KZ Spree ... removed the spare tire and bracket from the rear bumper which is the worst possible place for it to be located even though that's where KZ put it, stored the bracket, and moved the tire to the front pass through cargo compartment, placing the weight in front of the axle where it belongs. Out of sight, out of mind, completely protected from the elements, no cover needed, yet the wheel was readily available should I have ever needed it and the well formed by the wheel itself served perfectly for storing hoses and power cables. Coachmen suspended the spare tire under the A-frame of our current trailer so I likewise ditched the crank assembly securing it in place and moved the tire to the front pass through. Too easy, and no tire cover needed. K.I.S.S. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
They are a wear item, so I would just find the cheapest price and plan to swap in a new one every few years.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Wind_River
Explorer
Explorer
Got mine at Walmart.
2019 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty 4X4 6.7 Power Stroke
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS
Equal-i-zer Hitch, 3502 Ultra Fab Tongue Jack
Twin Honda 2000i w/parallel kit

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:
Tire covers

Used these guys for 22.5" cover... good fit, good material, good price.

Nice covers...in fact too nice! I'd worry that it would grow legs!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Itchey Feet wrote:
We just typed in (spare tire covers)in the search bar and came up with hundreds of designed covers.

But he's looking for someone that had had a good experience/ long lasting tire cover
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Twomed, I think I can find something we'll like there.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
We just typed in (spare tire covers)in the search bar and came up with hundreds of designed covers.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Tire covers

Used these guys for 22.5" cover... good fit, good material, good price.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843