cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stabalizing Jack Placement

stevepk
Explorer
Explorer
New to me 96 Mallard 24J did not come with Stabilizer Jacks. Jacks are in the mail but my question is where to place them?
Rear one's I figure as far back as possible. The front one's I thought I'd put them halfway between the front axle and the front of the trailer.

Thoughts please.
2018 F-250
2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS
6 REPLIES 6

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't permanently mount mine. That way I can put them in different places depending on the level of the ground.

I just went to a old style car junk yard and dug through the trunks of wrecked cars until I had 4 matching car scissor jacks. They charged me 5 bucks apiece.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My factory stabs are also in each corner, screwed in. When they rusted solid, I unscrewed them and put in the next step up in Bal "C" jacks.

I concur about the rear jacks potentially creating a clearance problem, and my new jacks are about even with the drag points on the rear bumper - time will tell if that's an issue or not. The C jack needs a corner to install, versus the scissor which screws onto a single member... so I really had no choice unless I wanted to learn welding and install additional cross-member pieces.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

austex
Explorer
Explorer
justafordguy wrote:
Be careful not to put the rear ones to far back, they will limit your ground clearance.

^^ This.

Mine are at the corners of the box (from the factory, welded). Not planning to move them, but if I were to do it myself, I'd put them half-ish way from the axle to the end of the box on both ends, pending anything that might interfere - entrance steps come to mind.
Tom & Jessie
Central Texas
MVPRV(RIP) Coast 26LRBS TT

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful not to put the rear ones to far back, they will limit your ground clearance.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
My factory installed ones are basically on each corner of the box.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
That would probably work fine. Here is a pic of where ours are located, very similar to what you are saying...

Ours are factory installed.