cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun Lite TC Rehab

snwbdr94
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like this forum is the most active so I thought you guys may enjoy a fun little project I have been working on for the last week. Decided to upgrade from tent camping to the camper. Recently adopted two pups and wanted a cooler space during the hot days for them to relax when camping. Found this on the facebook marketplace. When I went to look at it the interior looked fairly good considering the age. Only spot I noticed at the time was the delamination at the rear of the roof due to the wood getting rotted out and lift brackets turning upwards. I knew I would have to fix that. We agreed to a price and I drove it back to my office to park it in our underground parking garage where I would have a space to work on it.

Current Progress:
Removed Roof (Almost a disaster!) Reinforced with 3/16ths aluminum, replaced wood rot
Removed old vent fan for Fantastic Fan, will install after roof is back on
Camper is off trailer, thanks to the forklift at work, was able to lower onto a single pallet
Right lift slide where gear track is was busted, waiting on replacement
Left lift lock was mangled, waiting on replacement
Once the roof is installed, my plan is to use Dicor self leveling sealant on the roof and Proflex RV Caulk on the side trim and in every screw that is exposed. Once that is dry, go over every seam with Dicor sealant tape. I figure this is overkill but will make future maintenance easier.

Hopefully someone can shed some insight on what I should do for the AC unit. It currently looks like the wood is rotting out on the outside and to me, it was framed wrong from the beginning. I've been doing a ton of research into what needs to be done and for some reason I just can't wrap my head around what needs to be proper done to the AC unit.

Link to the album as well;
https://imgur.com/a/ykUUc

2 REPLIES 2

snwbdr94
Explorer
Explorer
LeRoy,

Thanks, it is a Kenmore 580.75050801. 5000 btu, 115v 4.8a. Currently hardwired in. Couldn't find any documentation on specs for weight, guessing 40-50lbs. Currently has 2 L brackets for a shelf on the exterior holding. Doesn't move at all. W:17 3/8 H:11.25.

Everything does seem solidly in place, just worried about that bottom wood piece that shows some rot by the handle there. Might be best just to seal it with some liquid hardener and not disturb it too much. Thoughts?

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
What are the specs on the A/C unit: make, model, size, weight, etc? That may help us in helping you.

Thanks,
LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side