cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Support bearing appearance and diameter

albow
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2 piece driveshaft on my 03 ram 3500 2wd, so I have a driveshaft center support or rear support bearing or rear carrier bearing, whatever you want to call it. I'm looking for a new one since I'm changing my ujoints and rear tranny seal. There are several out there, but some have pictures of 2 additional circular flanges with them so I don't know if they are the same or all of them actually include these or what. Any ideas? Are they the same and the manufacturers just picturing them differently? I can't figure out which to order.
Alan & Tommie. 2003 Dodge 3500 SRW SLT Quad Cab, Cummins 5.9 HO, 6 speed manual and 3.73's. 2007 Pilgrim Legends Mid Profile 33RKS-M5 5th wheel, Prodigy, Superglide 14K hitch (already very glad I got it).
9 REPLIES 9

albow
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the only difference in the parts that are listed is the bore size. I thought that might be the same as the driveshaft size, but after getting underneath the truck, it isn't, and there was nothing else I could find to work off of under there. Guess I'll just have to order both parts and send one back. I would just get this one locally after pulling it off, but it's anywhere from 2 to 4 times as much!
Alan & Tommie. 2003 Dodge 3500 SRW SLT Quad Cab, Cummins 5.9 HO, 6 speed manual and 3.73's. 2007 Pilgrim Legends Mid Profile 33RKS-M5 5th wheel, Prodigy, Superglide 14K hitch (already very glad I got it).

albow
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
ItsyRV wrote:
Don't know if this helps but you may try build sheet and see if it list anything specific about those parts or is it shows any codes that could help out.

RAM Build List by VIN

Thanks for the link!
Been looking at getting a newer TV, and had a another link that gave build sheets, but it went to a "Undergoing Maintenance" status this is what I was looking for.

Thanks Again!
Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't help any but I did like what it provided.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
great Idea to change them all.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ItsyRV wrote:
Don't know if this helps but you may try build sheet and see if it list anything specific about those parts or is it shows any codes that could help out.

RAM Build List by VIN

Thanks for the link!
Been looking at getting a newer TV, and had a another link that gave build sheets, but it went to a "Undergoing Maintenance" status this is what I was looking for.

Thanks Again!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

albow
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. That's where I've been looking but some are still confusing.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
check out Rock Auto for the parts.

albow
Explorer
Explorer
THanks. I think I just came across where one part is a dust shield and I'll bet the other is something similar.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Measure shaft diameter and c to c on the bolts. That should answer , if thereโ€™s different ones
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer

RAM Build List by VIN
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.