cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Surveyor 322BHLE bedroom tv mount

JHUCK
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a used 2018 Surveyor 322BHLE & started moving stuff over from our old camper & was wondering where & how to mount a small 20" tv in the front bedroom?

2018 Surveyor Brochure
The link above is the '18 Surveyor brochure & the 4th page will show my floorplan.

The outlet & coax is on the ceiling above the wall between the bathroom & the bed so I would assume that's where the tv would go. The problem is there's a pocket door in that wall & it seems flimsy. I've looked at ceiling tv mounts but not sure how I feel about mounting into the ceiling.

Thanks
'16 Cherokee 27DBH, '08 F-250 Lariat V10
2 REPLIES 2

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We have aโ€™20 38โ€™ Outback we didnโ€™t like where they had the wall mount sticker so we just sit it on top of the dresser,and lay it flat on the bed when traveling. That way I donโ€™t have to worry about it shaking and wobbling and falling of going down the road.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
My old trailer had a sticker where to put the mount. You may want to look directly below the sticker and tap on the walls in the area. You may feel or hear that it is a little different than the surrounding area because on some rigs, they mount a piece of plywood behind the wall to anchor the mount to. You can always measure to see how far back the pocket door goes. This was the same set up as my trailer was. You can also attach a thin piece of plywood to the outside of the wall if you can find the studs in the wall. I would paint the wood white or something similar to the wall so it does not "stick out like a sore thumb". I mounted a small tv (think 24inch or less) and they are really light.
If you can take a photo of the area and post it, it might help. Keep us posted.