cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Swift Hitch wireless camera

campingken
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use one of these units with their camper? Especially one with the suction cup option.

We tow a horse trailer on almost every camping trip and hooking it up when you are alone is a real PIA!! Our rear door Northstar TC 650 is aluminum and plastic so the magnet on the camera won't stick to it.

A hard wired back up camera runs about $375 installed. The Swift Hitch, with the suction cup option is $220. Ours mirrors work fine and we really only need the camera for hooking up the horse trailer.
Ken & Kris + Heidi the dog
Sequim, Wa.
2003 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 diesel
2017 Trails West Sierra Select 2 Horse slant load trailer
4 REPLIES 4

Simplygib
Explorer
Explorer
campingken wrote:
A hard wired back up camera runs about $375 installed.

DIY for under $50. I have mine wired so it's on when the truck is on, not just for backup. Works perfectly, good picture, zero issues.

Camera

7" Dual Input Color Monitor
Gary and Zahra
RV Solar 101

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Swift Hitch with magnets. It works good IF I can remember to charge it!!!!
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I know you aren't asking for other suggestions, but I use Hitchin' Rods. Fast, cheap, and they work every time.

http://www.qwks.com/Hitchin-Rods-p-2.html
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have and use a Swift Hitch and really like it. I use the suction cup because I have removed my tail-gate and have a full size shell/canopy with a back window.. (see my click on rig picture link below).

I can easily hook up without the help of my wife AND without running back and forth a bazillion times to get lined up perfectly to drop down on the ball. I usually am able to line up first time.

I have also used the Swift Hitch to inspect tight places that I can't see or get to at home and under the trailer like heating ducts and tight crawl spaces...it's a neat little gadget and it works as advertised.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro