cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System X Crystal Ceramic Coating

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has anyone had their RV coated with one of the products in the System X lineup? It is a product developed by Boeing that penetrated the paint and protects it for a number of years depending on the product you choose.

I am having my truck camper rubbed out so it looks like new again. They are trying to sell me on the additional System X product, specifically Crystal for an additional $800. It is expensive stuff but the RV's he showed me that they had it applied to were as as smooth and shiny as glass.

Dirt and water are claimed to almost slide off, I suspect that might make bud removal better...

The cost IS crazy, but might it be good long term?

Here is a link to the website: System X
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
15 REPLIES 15

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
..you want the job done right.......

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
The OP here....I did call the manufacturer of the product, System X, and we spoke a good long while regarding the product and how it works. It would adhere to any RV product surface, doesn't have to be a painted surface like a car.

He did recommend specific product in their lineup that would work for my truck camper.

What turned out strange was he wanted to contact the RV Service Dept. that was going to apply the product and make sure that is what they were using. When he contacted the Service Manager he said he could not remember what they used....hmmmm

I contacted the Service Manager a few minutes later and he asked " Did you call the System X people?" I had an appointment to get the camper detailed the following day, he then tells me that they are pretty busy and will call me when they can get me in.

I have not heard back from him in almost a week now, I think the phone call from System X freaked him out.

I'm looking for another place to the the camper rubbed out and waxed!
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
But what would a thread be on this site if 10 people didn’t automatically jump on the original poster and berate whatever their question is....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Just because it’s newer doesn’t mean it’s snake oil....
Especially if you’re not even well read enough to say it won’t work on your camper because it’s not painted.....

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
RMP and Zep #3 is all the magic I need.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
egarant wrote:
Dirt and water are claimed to almost slide off, I suspect that might make bud removal better...

What is "bud"?

I understand it's the best part.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I still have about a half gallon of RedMax Pro to use up. Which shows you how old it is, since it isn’t named that anymore. That’s about as “miracle” a finish as I need. It and the Zep product that has replaced it aren’t miraculous, they just make the camper look pretty good for a reasonable length of time. That’s good enough for me.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
specta wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
I’m suspicious of all miracle coatings, polishes and waxes....

Me too.

Me three. I was recently at an RV dealer and witnessed the guy doing the new buyer walk through try to convince the buyer to pony up $2500 for their miracle "paint and fabric" protection. He never named the product. He said it needed to be reapplied every 5 years.
Usually it's the the finance office people doing all the paperwork trying to con unsuspecting buyers to buy that miracle coating.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
egarant wrote:

What is "bud"?

egarant wrote:
The cost IS crazy, but might it be good long term?

How much? a few hundred, or thousands?

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
egarant wrote:
Has anyone had their RV coated with one of the products in the System X lineup? It is a product developed by Boeing that penetrated the paint and protects it for a number of years depending on the product you choose.

My Arctic Fox isn't painted, so those products won't work.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using it on my car for about 6 months and it does make the car paint very slippery.
Helps a lot as in Vegas by the time you grab a towel to wipe the car after washing- the water already dried, leaving white spots. Now I can take garden blower and get away without towel-drying.
Sure spray-on application beats any waxing.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
I’m suspicious of all miracle coatings, polishes and waxes....

Me too.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I have yet to use any ceramic coating products, mainly because I haven’t clay barred or finished polishing the vehicles or toys that I want to use it on.
From what I’ve seen and what I understand, it works well. It. An be used equally on automotive paints, acrylic and urethane enamel and on gel coat (fiberglass boats and your camper)
If you just got it polished, this is the time to do it.
It is also not a super technical application and if you are at all adept to paint finishes, you can do it yourself.
Do some reading on it. Fwiw, it costs about $100 in materials to do the camper.
It is supposed to offer UV protection as well as repel water (obviously)

If I had the time and the need it would’ve something I’d do

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m suspicious of all miracle coatings, polishes and waxes....except Mother’s with a liberal dose of elbow grease. Mother’s approves of adding this ingredient.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad