cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tank repair facilities

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am looking for a repair facility in Northern California to repair my holding tanks' issues. Clogged black and grey that will not dump. I'm in Napa CA, and no one seems to have a dump station at their repair facility. Thanks......Dan
10 REPLIES 10

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
napadan wrote:
Jebby14 wrote:
this has call in a favor from unsuspecting brother in law, buddy, neighbor, "friend" written all over it. figure out who forgets to return your tools or show up to family functions ect and ask them to help 'change out a valve' on the camper

I'm actually hoping to find a service that I can pay to do this. I am not looking for a "freebee".

not suggesting a freebee so much as a fix it yourself by eeling the clog. merely suggesting someone other than yourself since the probability of getting a turd bath is high
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many times clogs can be cured by driving twenty miles or so , it will shake every thing up !

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Are the valves busted? Or do you have an idea of what the scenario is that disallows them from dumping?

I have another valve with a handle that I failed to pull. Operator error, so I'll try dumping again. I feel like a dunce. Thanks so much for your great suggestions.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Are the valves busted? Or do you have an idea of what the scenario is that disallows them from dumping?
Bob

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Rock,
That's good stuff there!
Another alternative is to take the dump fitting cap off and see if a coathanger or sewer snake will get past where the main valve is located. With both tanks plugged, an assumption would be that any blockage is after the intersection of those drains, the main dump valve being one suspect location.

If you find the cause is the main valve, they can be operated without cable/rod attached.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
napadan wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a repair facility in Northern California to repair my holding tanks' issues. Clogged black and grey that will not dump. I'm in Napa CA, and no one seems to have a dump station at their repair facility. Thanks......Dan

You do NOT need to take your RV to a repair shop.

And do NOT call your local septic company.
If they try to use their suction pump it WILL destroy your tanks. They know nothing about RV's. Unless they have serviced sporting events where RV's are where they know to use a bucket and release the sewage into a bucket and THEN suck it out from the bucket. But yours are clogged so they are not going to be the ones to help you.

Call your local CG and ask who they use for
"RV Mobile Repair."

A clogged black AND gray is bound to be something VERY simple and will not need 'repair' to the tanks. :W

An RV Mobile Repair guy will most likely figure it out in minutes. They've seen it all and IMHO are VERY knowledgeable and experienced. AND For FAR LESS money than a quote and unquote "RV" repair shop.

Even if you have to go to a CG to use the sewage hookups it still will be far less money to use the RV Mobile Repair Guy.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest to call the Vacaville, CA Camping World store and see if they have dumping facilities. If so, they should be able to effect your repair and waste removal.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Call a septic tank pumping service and see if they will pump out your tanks. If so, then maybe someone would be willing to do the repair.

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
this has call in a favor from unsuspecting brother in law, buddy, neighbor, "friend" written all over it. figure out who forgets to return your tools or show up to family functions ect and ask them to help 'change out a valve' on the camper

I'm actually hoping to find a service that I can pay to do this. I am not looking for a "freebee".

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....