cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Test on uploading pics.

scooterh
Explorer
Explorer
Just took my first trip with new outfit. My wife and I left Oh., traveled thru WV, to south of Atlanta, back up thru Gatlinburg Tn." never again will I set foot in that tourist trap",up thru Pikeville Ky. and then home. We were on the road 7 days and 6 nights. About 2000 miles.Drove a lot of 2 lane and interstate. Averaged 12.8 mpg. 2018 Ram Cab chassis 3.73 gear ratio. Bigfoot 10.4. Aluminum flatbed weighs 535 lbs. Boxes weigh another 200lbs. Fully loaded on cat scale 14280 lbs./Users/glenharvey/Documents/IMG_0401.jpg/Users/glenharvey/Documents/IMG_0400.jpg/Users/glenharvey/Documents/IMG_0378.jpg
21 REPLIES 21

zb39
Explorer
Explorer

IT WORKS!!!!!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer

That was a pretty simple procedure.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:
I just tried the link also and it rotated my picture vertical ?

It also resizes it so the pic doesn't make the forum window too big.

What difference does the size make if the truck camper is standing on end ?

Yoly- Iโ€™ve seen that same thing happen to some of my pictures, and I finally realized that it was always an image I had gotten from my wife, and she had rotated the image using whatever application she uses on her Mac (some expensive professional stuff).

It appeared to me that when she uses her image software to rotate one of our pictures, it doesnโ€™t actually rotate it. It just updates the metadata associated with the image to tell the image viewer which end is โ€œupโ€. When the image is uploaded to Imgur (or Photosuckit, actually), it doesnโ€™t understand the way her application rotated the image, and it displays in its original orientation.

When we share our pictures with each other after a trip, Iโ€™ve had to ask her to give me hers before sheโ€™s changed the orientation.

Hope that helps.

:):)

Thank you your help in shedding light on this issue. However, the photo in question was taken by me with my cellphone held horizontally as in "landscape mode" so it should display as it does on the phone or my PC. No adjustments have been made on the photo whatsoever (no rotating adjustments). I have uploaded many pictures here using another "off-site" called "Tiny Pic" and these same photos have always orientated correctly on the forum.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Travels with Yoly wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:

Yoly- Iโ€™ve seen that same thing happen to some of my pictures, and I finally realized that it was always an image I had gotten from my wife, and she had rotated the image using whatever application she uses on her Mac (some expensive professional stuff).

It appeared to me that when she uses her image software to rotate one of our pictures, it doesnโ€™t actually rotate it. It just updates the metadata associated with the image to tell the image viewer which end is โ€œupโ€. When the image is uploaded to Imgur (or Photosuckit, actually), it doesnโ€™t understand the way her application rotated the image, and it displays in its original orientation.

When we share our pictures with each other after a trip, Iโ€™ve had to ask her to give me hers before sheโ€™s changed the orientation.

Hope that helps.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a quick video using the photo sharing link posted in this thread.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR wrote:
BradW wrote:

Dang, that works pretty dang good. How long has that been photo posting available?

Darn nice looking rig there, Brad. Looks sorta familiar :B

Those are good lookin rigs we got there. ๐Ÿ™‚

bradw
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
scooterh wrote:
Thought I tried the drag and dropWorked this time thanks[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/E6wCovOl.jpg[/IMG ]

Now that right there, Scooter, is one sweet setup. Happy Campin!!
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:

Dang, that works pretty dang good. How long has that been photo posting available?

Dang, Brad! Sweeet combo... :):)
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:

Darn nice looking rig there, Brad. Looks sorta familiar :B

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Travels with Yoly wrote:

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We all used to use a free photo posting site called PHOTOBUCKET...

I had probably over a 1000 photos on this site to post on the various forums and all...

Then the company wanted to start charging for their service and held all of our photos for ransom. I got most of mine back eventually but did lose a few of them.... Lesson learned here was to always backup important to you items on special hard drive hehe...

I now use IMGUR to do the same thing and it has always been free to use as well...

Using the posting service is almost CLICK CLICK to add to the forums and all... Their sites have the proper HTTPS addresses assigned to your photos you need to post the photos

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer

scooterh
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I tried the drag and dropWorked this time thanks[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/E6wCovOl.jpg[/IMG ]