cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The numbers were too good to resist

steve-n-vicki
Explorer
Explorer
My sales man called me and told me he could make me a heckuva deal on a truck I looked at three months ago, The numbers look good to me the payments looked good So I told him let’s do it, no it ain’t a diesel but the truck will do everything I need it to do
2020 Ford F350 SRW, 7.3 L, crew cab, 8 foot bed, XLT, 373 locking rear axle, and a few other options thrown in
28 REPLIES 28

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
The Detective!
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Setting Cruze to 72 all the way home 50 miles doesn’t sound like varying engine speed.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

steve-n-vicki
Explorer
Explorer
The engine sees plenty of RPM Variance,If you put the transmission in Eco mode it shifts about 2000 RPM, if you put it in normal mode It shifts between 3000 and 3500,And at 3500 you can hear an exhaust tone coming from it, some one that rode with me asked me if I put a Flowmaster on it, The sound is not annoying or a drone in the cabI guess iit’s the trucks way of telling me there’s a bunch of cubes up there sipping gas

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:
It was on the news that there is a very small percentage of dealers allowed to be open, I wonder what politics is involved.

Also there was a lady with a totaled car and can't replace it, I guess she is to walk now.

Can’t believe they can’t do online sales like everyone else, but who knows.
Or....go find a dealer that IS open.... Novel idear there....
For the “poor lady”, there’s a million cars for sale on Craigslist and just as many people willing to take her money there as at a dealer.
Sensationalism is getting thick on geezernet.com....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
danrclem wrote:
I'd bet that if the cruise was set back to about 65 mph that the fuel mileage would go up considerably.

And it would be even better at 55mph. But what’s the point?
Nice to hear a normal , real world , fuel mileage review rather than “My new 7.3 F250 gets 19mpg (downhill, tailwind, hypermiling and rounding up the numbers all at the same time).”
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Above is true. But I was talking about his gas engine.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
steve-n-vicki wrote:
Set the cruise control at 72 all the way home for 50 miles and be indicated MPG was 14.2

Congrats! Sounds like a great truck, 8' bed GOOD for you.

My opinion, I would have been varying speed with a new engine.

Cummins claims the engine needs no break in. The AAM rear diff is what they want 500 miles of slower service out of the box. When we bought our 2015 in Greeley, Co we went up 287 to Laramie at slow speeds and jumped on I-80 and slow built speed to 80MPH and drove for hours at that speed, and again the next morning in Eastern Utah. You saw the diff gears at first fluid change that you helped me with.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
It was on the news that there is a very small percentage of dealers allowed to be open, I wonder what politics is involved.

Also there was a lady with a totaled car and can't replace it, I guess she is to walk now.

Lynnmor wrote:
Here in PA nearly 100% of the dealers are not allowed to be open, so it doesn’t matter if the trucks are free.

I talked to the owner of my dealership yesterday, they are struggling... The parts and service is still operating, buy not many are coming in for service..

I also talked to one of the sales guys, they are hurting since they were all commission , including the finance guy who has filed for unemployment.

I asked how these dealerships are allowed to advertise online sales only if they can't sell... He said they can't, all they can do is take all your info and wait... They can give pricing,but thats it..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Here in PA nearly 100% of the dealers are not allowed to be open, so it doesn’t matter if the trucks are free.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
theoldwizard1 wrote:
If I can get 0% for 60 months, they might lure me in !

I've seen several ads on TV in Maryland that say 0% for up to 84 months (I think), plus 3 months deferment on the first payment AND the dealer takes 3 payments from you. I haven't read the fine print because I'm not in the market, but it sounds enticing. Dealers are worried about stock on the lot and a recession... they sound willing to let things go for minimal profit rather than sitting on increasing debt during a recession.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
will be a great time for deals such as this over the next year or two for those in a financial position to take advantage. We purchased our dually in 2010 for that reason

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
I'd bet that if the cruise was set back to about 65 mph that the fuel mileage would go up considerably.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
steve-n-vicki wrote:
Set the cruise control at 72 all the way home for 50 miles and be indicated MPG was 14.2

Congrats! Sounds like a great truck, 8' bed GOOD for you.

My opinion, I would have been varying speed with a new engine.