cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie downs for 2023 Ford F350

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2023 F350 yestrday. IT happened really quick so my reserch wasnt complete. I couldnt pass up this truck. Its exactly what I would have ordered, it was ordered by somone else who backed out of buying it.

Anyway, Ive been carrying truck campers for over 20 years. Always used Happy Jack tie downs with no problems. I assumed happy jack would fit my new 2023 but looking them up this morning it says, they may not fit. Does anyone have happy jacks on a 2023?

I saw tork liift will fit but id prfer to no change systems. I have plenty of turn buckles for Happy Jack. If I have to go to another system I will. But I wold prefer not to, were planning to retire in 2 yrs, buy a 5th wheel and full time for a few years. That means no more truck camper.

any experineces or advice would be appreciated.
John M
3 REPLIES 3

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Jack worked great with the older steel beds, I wouldn't recommend it for the newer aluminum beds.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
By virtue of the fact that they’re not offered for your truck, should be reason enough. Unless you’re handy and understand how to make them work. (They may work?)
Moreso, unless you have a small camper, tieing a large camper to the flimsy bed and bumpers on newer trucks is just a losing proposition,besides all the holes in the bed and bumper for a “short term solution” as you describe.

Torklift will be easy to install and easy to resell in a couple years since they’re for a current model very popular truck. And they won’t put holes and stress in your truck bed and bumper and will be well designed to handle the camper. As you said you have turnbuckles already that you can reuse.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had good luck with Torqlift tie down brackets. They are well designed and heavy duty. The Happijac turn buckels should work with the Torqlift brackets.