cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Timbren SES

Sandsquid
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,I'm new here and this will be my first post on this,or any other forum. I am trying to decide the suspension upgrade to install on my truck and would greatly appreciate you folks input and advice.The situation is this: I have a 99 f350 SD supercab V10 4x4 8ft bed GVWR 9900# curb weight 6400#.I just loaded my 94 lance 880 10'9 ext.cab 3100# and my rear leaf springs are completely horizontal.I am close to pulling the trigger on the Timbren FR350SDE but would appreciate ya'lls input.Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Sandsquid
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply,s everyone,your comments and advice will be helpful.I retired in May and have been jonesing to hit the road.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Timbrens are quick and easy to install at a more or less reasonable price. They work well. If not you could also add Supersprings and the combination will definitely work.

Sandsquid
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Doubt the springs are worn. Sounds like you scored a cherry older truck!

Timbrens work great. They are not the most โ€œplushโ€ upgrades, but they do the job. Know that you can adjust or fine tune them by raising or lowering them.
Research the dimensions and measure the sag or clearance of your truck loaded. Then you can determine how effective or how much they will play a part in holding the load.

Yes sir,I could not pass it up even if I had to pay a little more than average for a truck that age,no regrets and I really like that V10.So it appears that I will,for now,go with the Timbren kit.Those springs dont have the upper overload spring so as a possible addition I might install lower stable loads.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Timbrens on my last 2 trucks and they work as advertised. I would go ahead with the kit you referenced.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
I began with Timbrens on my old truck. They helped with sag, but made the sway worse. This is due to the inboard mounting location. I was able to reduce the sway with energy suspension bumpers on the overloads. On my new truck, I went first with TL upper Stableloads and found the sag was acceptable.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had Tembrens on our 2006 F350 drw. We also have them on our 2018 F350. While they are not the "perfect" solution, they did limit rear sag and they added road stability over our stock suspension.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Doubt the springs are worn. Sounds like you scored a cherry older truck!

Timbrens work great. They are not the most โ€œplushโ€ upgrades, but they do the job. Know that you can adjust or fine tune them by raising or lowering them.
Research the dimensions and measure the sag or clearance of your truck loaded. Then you can determine how effective or how much they will play a part in holding the load.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Sandsquid
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Old days, I considered that,this truck only has 60k miles on it. I bought this truck a little over a year ago from the widow of a country vet. that used it on occasion to haul a horse trailer .I did extensive research on this truck before buying it and verified the mileage to be actual so Im hesitant to think the leaf springs are worn,but not entirely convinced their not.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some people hate timbrens and some love them.I have had them on my truck for 8 years and love them, I own a trailer now and they still work great. You have a older truck so you may want to replace your leave springs first.