cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift Stable Loads - Install

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
I know many of you have questions on Torklifts stable loads from time to time. Thought I might share my instilation process, and what I've thought of them.

Hope this might help.
click link:
Blog report on Torklift Stable Loads- Install
2008 Ford F-350 Dually Flatbed

2013 NorthStar Arrow 8.5 with side storage compartments.
16 REPLIES 16

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
a4edriver wrote:
Doug, we hope to be at the rally. I'll post some pictures of the new camper when I get it. I listed my Four Wheel Grandby camper for sale on the Wanderthewest forum a couple days ago and I may have it sold already.
See ya,
Buzz

can't wait to see pics. Thanks for the heads up on Wanderthewest.

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
If you come to one of the MWTC Events you can see these on our truck. Even go for a ride to see the effects.

a4edriver
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, we hope to be at the rally. I'll post some pictures of the new camper when I get it. I listed my Four Wheel Grandby camper for sale on the Wanderthewest forum a couple days ago and I may have it sold already.
See ya,
Buzz
Buzz, Sherri, and Spridgy the camper cat
1998 Dodge Ram 2500, 24v CTD, QC, LB, 47re, 3.54 posi
2007 Four Wheel Grandby camper

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
hedge wrote:
Well this is a timely thread for me. I need to install mine soon on my Ford F350 SRW.

I notice in the pics above that it looks like everyone is installing them as-is. The manual has an addendum in the front suggesting that it may be a good idea to cut a bit of them off, it looks like about 3/8" angling to more match the spring. Apparently this is to avoid a slapping noise. So does is it worth cutting them or is everyone just installing them as-is?

PS: there isn't a q in the name.

I have never notice a slapping noise. I farm and I'm on pot hole roads constantly. You will ride a little stiffer though when empty.

we just can't spell is all 🙂

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
a4edriver wrote:
Hey Doug, good info about torqlift stable loads. I like the looks of your latest truck and camper. Sherri and I will be picking up our new Hallmark Ute in April. Can't wait. I may need stableloads, but will wait and see how the truck handles the new camper before I purchase them.

See ya,
Buzz

Hey Buzz
Boy I've been waiting for this moment for a long time myself. I would love to see your Hallmark. Can you guys make it to the rally?
don't forget pictures!!!!!!!!!

Doug

nomadictxn
Explorer
Explorer
I travel daily a highway that has 13 major curves, drops 1200 feet in less than 5 miles in one section. Stableloads engaged, empty bed the truck handles the road and is a hoot to drive. Huge difference with SLs disengaged. Really makes you realize what they do for you with camper on.
nomadictxn
2013 RAM 1500 QC 5.7, 3.92 4x4 6 sp.
2021 Flagstaff E Pro 19FBS

Bedlam
It depends on the type of roads you drive when empty. If you have to drive a long potholed dirt road each day with your truck, it's better to have more gap between the overload spring and pad. I didn't bother to trim mine down and I ran 16PR 19.5" tires on the F250 (which I did air down when empty to around 70 PSI).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Well this is a timely thread for me. I need to install mine soon on my Ford F350 SRW.

I notice in the pics above that it looks like everyone is installing them as-is. The manual has an addendum in the front suggesting that it may be a good idea to cut a bit of them off, it looks like about 3/8" angling to more match the spring. Apparently this is to avoid a slapping noise. So does is it worth cutting them or is everyone just installing them as-is?

PS: there isn't a q in the name.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

a4edriver
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Doug, good info about torklift stable loads. I like the looks of your latest truck and camper. Sherri and I will be picking up our new Hallmark Ute in April. Can't wait. I may need stableloads, but will wait and see how the truck handles the new camper before I purchase them.

See ya,
Buzz
Buzz, Sherri, and Spridgy the camper cat
1998 Dodge Ram 2500, 24v CTD, QC, LB, 47re, 3.54 posi
2007 Four Wheel Grandby camper

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
I only used 1/2 of a set for my RAM 3500. As the springs soften over time, I might add the other 1/2.

I can tell that they have softened some - I can back under the TC without having to add blocks under the front jacks. First couple times loading the TC required additional height.

Hey JumboJet How are you doing? Hows the weaather down there. Freezing cold here. I'm ready for it to warm up.

Take care. Enjoy your cruise this summer will miss you at the rally.

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam,
I remember talking about it two years ago, but you my friend need to catch up. 🙂
I've went through two truck and two TC's since then.

I put them on instantly and they are great.

Now its a different truck and I can't afford to get the flatbed yet so for now I left the box on the truck and used the Torklift tie down system.

Hows your new Rig working out now. Hey you coming to my rally this summer????

Later my Friend,
Doug

old Rig

current Rig

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I love em, I haul a VERY heavy camper.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I only used 1/2 of a set for my RAM 3500. As the springs soften over time, I might add the other 1/2.

I can tell that they have softened some - I can back under the TC without having to add blocks under the front jacks. First couple times loading the TC required additional height.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I installed Stableloads before my first trip because I wasn't impressed with what the airbags everyone raved about did to my ride and handling.

The Stableloads should have been my first upgrade.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator